PDA

View Full Version : Another Firestone gaff!

dpc004
07-16-2008, 05:29 PM
I took my 202 to a local firestone store because it was close to my work. I just needed to have my tires balanced before a trip. They told me it would be ready in one hour. An hour later I returned and was presented a list of 12 items that they found that needed to be repaired. At the top of the list was a timing chain at the price of $1500 that was replaced by my dealer 3 months before for $1200.
They then informed me that my tire balance had not yet been performed. I of course declined the repairs and another hour later I had an unsatisfactory wheel balance. Needless to say I will never do any buisness at Firestone again!

JRE320
07-16-2008, 07:03 PM
They're just milking you out. :(

Logic
07-17-2008, 06:40 AM
the strange thing here is you went for a wheel balance. what in the heck were they doing looking at the engine in the first place? did you ok them to look at other things while they had your car?

stox
07-22-2008, 03:39 PM
I have never had a good experience with Firestone. I avoid them like the plague. The last time I went to one, they had Blizzaks on sale, some three years ago, they claimed I needed new brakes all the way around. Well, the rears still haven't been replaced, and the fronts were replaced some 10,000 miles later. BTW, the fronts were only about 2/3rds worn, I replaced them to eliminate dust. I was getting sick and tired of cleaning the front wheels every few days. The final straw was when they claimed to have found a handful of rubber dust in one of the tires. I was suspicious, and took them to a trusted local shop. No sign of damage whatsoever, and I have driven them at least another 15,000 since. My advice, find a good local shop, they depend on their reputation and not their brand to stay in business.

c55m8o
07-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by stox
I have never had a good experience with Firestone. I avoid them like the plague. ...and Goodyear stores. Drive by and don't even look @ 'em.