PDA

View Full Version : Engine Shut-off

36SlaMMed
09-26-2003, 10:30 AM
I was just cruising on the freeway, when my RPMs dropped and when i pressed my pedal i wasnt getting any response. And then the Engine just shut off. I pulled over tried to start the car, it turned on for a sec then off again. I repeated this a few times than decided to open the hood. Nothing wrong in there, so I let the car cool off. Bout 15 minutes later i started the car no problem and drove about 200 feet on the freeway, and again same thing happends. I pull over decide to tow the car to a shop. We get to the shop the mechanic turns the car on, no problem. Tests the computer box, no problem. Drives it around the block for 10 minutes, no problem. The car stays at the shop like 5 days. The guy tells me the car is fine and that it might be a fuel problem, maybe the fuel relay fuel this fuel that, some things i didnt recognize. I was thinking it was the fuel filter, but was told that it was not likely. Anyone had this happend to them, or does anyone know what this could be from????

Would appreciate any help Gary
And in conclusion by the way the mechanic didnt do anything to the car and i just brought it home.

kameraguy
09-26-2003, 10:54 AM
Wierd. And no trouble codes at all?

Rocky
09-26-2003, 11:08 AM
I remember someone having the exact same problem...but I can;t remember the solution.

nokia8860
09-26-2003, 11:29 AM
Any recent stereo work? Could be a loose ground strap on the battery.

98_Benzo
09-26-2003, 12:09 PM
Hey, funny thing is, I had the same problem, SERIOUSLY!!! I took my car to the Mercedes Dealership and the car worked perfect for them, I was pissed that it worked for them. Well, the solution for my car was, my Mass Air Flow Sensor was bad, AGAIN!!! They changed my air filter and MAS and I have not had a problem again. So, you might want to change the MAS. Good luck!!!

36SlaMMed
09-26-2003, 08:48 PM
NO Codes, my mass air is new, but i did have a dvd/mp3 eclipse put in, but this was done like 3 months ago, could this be the problem??

98_Benzo
09-28-2003, 01:13 AM
dude, it could be the stereo, but I would definitely ask about the MAS, no joke. I literally bought a new MAS and 3 months later, it crapped out. So, still keep it as a possible problem, MAS are a peice of shit in these cars. I have went through 3 within 8 months of owning my car. But, definitely look into your stereo wiring, also.