PDA

View Full Version : For TDI owners

ncd
07-22-2008, 06:17 AM
*With ABV/CBV/DUMP whatever the fsck you like to call it*

Not sure 202's even come like this but hell it might be helpfull!!

been wondering where my unadulterated thrust and fuel economy went on my 320 TD, And this long lasting shit about its non existant dump valve the one that Ive been hearing every singal day and that was clearly part of garrete turbo and install by garette and then installed by Mercedes to a DIESEL.

Any way Ive been pressing on and recently decided to clean all the clag off, 5mm worth atleast .. it the valve since it was niggling in my mind for the last few months.. and wanted to photograph it for the non believer at large .. any way I used some anti tar and inset stuff and kitchen towl to get all the crap off it ... then I i used some WD40 and spray into the top of the valve where the actuator comes from and press it down which was not happening at first but with some moderate force the leaver eventually made a funny ka-ching noise and it was able to be depress and you could hear air escape and spring/diaphragm squeaking (with car off).

any how since then the economy at thrust is 100% back and no random dumping every time its even 100rpm over 2k rpm it sizzles off a little vent :).

I'm not sure but I cant remove the valve with out removing the actuator which Im a bit paranoid to try but I spray it from underneath throughly and let the kitchen towl absorb the shit..

Am i correct in believing there is load of little holes on the bottom of the valve that I might of also unblocked???

I never in 100000 years thought that would affect the car so madly but just the fairly unconnected act of cleaning it solved 3 problems :)
This also seems to make the trip computer accurate / sensitive