PDA

View Full Version : My New Exhaust.. just received it.

SLAMMED_C
07-24-2008, 07:27 PM
About 2 and a half months ago I ordered an Eisenmann RACE exhaust.. well yesterday I finally got it! the reason it took so long (i was told) was because there were no more available, so Eisenmann in Germany had to make on for me! so I feel pretty special to have had one made for me!
but here is the pic of it.. should be installed early next week. it actually came with a letter of authenticity!!
shout out to Tom at K1Motorsports. thanks man.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_515_full.jpg

yusuke280
07-24-2008, 07:33 PM
i am looking, very, very forward to hear how that sounds like.

pleeease, make a short vid for us!
cheers

97C28O
07-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Nice!

jnolte
07-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Now that is NICE, should sound real good too!

yusuke280
07-24-2008, 09:56 PM
hey there,
just wondering.. how long did you wait? and how much exactly did it cost includding shipping?
i'm in toronto too, and deciding whether i should ship it there straight all the way to hong kong.

dshenberger
07-25-2008, 07:02 AM
I got mine a couple of weeks ago. It does sound awesome!! Although, it is a little loud at cruising speed. I have a before and after sound clip. I just need to take the initiative to post it!

I have the six, so, it might not be an accurate comparison.

Oh yeah, have fun with the bumper cutting! I used a cut-off wheel for the rough work, then a die grinder to shape it a little better, then trimmed it up a little with a box cutter.

SLAMMED_C
07-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by dshenberger
I got mine a couple of weeks ago. It does sound awesome!! Although, it is a little loud at cruising speed. I have a before and after sound clip. I just need to take the initiative to post it!

I have the six, so, it might not be an accurate comparison.

Oh yeah, have fun with the bumper cutting! I used a cut-off wheel for the rough work, then a die grinder to shape it a little better, then trimmed it up a little with a box cutter.
GET THOSE CLIPS POSTED!! well I hope its nice and loud.. i really want it to be at least as loud as my Magnaflow set up I had before.
V6 or Inline 6?
I have a C36 rear.. so im hoping I wont need to cut anything!! Ill modify the exhaust of the brackets on the car before I cut my new C36 rear!

Nelson Lago
07-25-2008, 02:21 PM
ahhh man i wanted that same exhaust, just not racing i want the sport i wounder if anyone still has them in stock

OCKlasse
07-25-2008, 08:21 PM
The day you part that car is the day I buy your exhaust! Remember that! :D

Proven Guilty
07-25-2008, 09:08 PM
the wald and the eisenmann race are the two loudest bolt-on applications i've heard. they're not just loud either, its got a great note, and both iirc are tri-flow stainless steel so they'll last longer than he car will.

can't wait to see it installed and some clips. are you running high flow cats? delete the resonator if you haven't already! let that baby breathe!

edit: oh man, pickup the supersprint headers from J too!

omeyhomey
07-25-2008, 09:54 PM
that looks identical to C36 exhaust but with round tips (and im sure straight through perforated core).

SLAMMED_C
07-26-2008, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
The day you part that car is the day I buy your exhaust! Remember that! :D
lol.. okay man.. you get first dibs on it!!

Originally posted by Proven Guilty
the wald and the eisenmann race are the two loudest bolt-on applications i've heard. they're not just loud either, its got a great note, and both iirc are tri-flow stainless steel so they'll last longer than he car will.
can't wait to see it installed and some clips. are you running high flow cats? delete the resonator if you haven't already! let that baby breathe!
edit: oh man, pickup the supersprint headers from J too!
Ive always loved the look of the Wald exhaust too.. but never heard it before. and I just figured the Eisenmann would be a good choice.. but Wald is cool too.
I really hope it is LOUD!! and has a really nice note to it. I have a resonator delete, but no high flow cat. I would love to get a set up with high flow cat and a header for sure. I had thought about the Vaeth header.. but there i very little info about it. I found a price for it too.. 890 Euro, plus VAT and Freight!! so its not cheap. I like the Supersprint one.. but the Vaeth is just so much more rare!

Originally posted by omeyhomey
that looks identical to C36 exhaust but with round tips (and im sure straight through perforated core).
that is very true.. it is similar to the C36 exhaust.. and the Eisenmann does indeed have straight through perforated core!!

I may end up going to an exhaust shop to have some pieces made up.. Ill have to see how it goes on monday.. but I may end up getting a high flow cat from the header back to connect to the Eisenmann, we'll see.

omeyhomey
07-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C

that is very true.. it is similar to the C36 exhaust.. and the Eisenmann does indeed have straight through perforated core!!

I may end up going to an exhaust shop to have some pieces made up.. Ill have to see how it goes on monday.. but I may end up getting a high flow cat from the header back to connect to the Eisenmann, we'll see.

you might as well, get a single 2.75-3.0" high flow race cat (200 cell). Some of them even have the O2 bungs already incorporated into them for even easier install. Theres definitely HP to be made you just have to know which parts to use and which not to. I HIGHLY recommend you keep stock resonator in place b/c with eisenman you will get more rasp, and with high flow cats you can get more resonance so you'll want that resonator in place just to keep things refined.

SLAMMED_C
07-26-2008, 02:24 PM
you might as well, get a single 2.75-3.0" high flow race cat (200 cell). Some of them even have the O2 bungs already incorporated into them for even easier install. Theres definitely HP to be made you just have to know which parts to use and which not to. I HIGHLY recommend you keep stock resonator in place b/c with eisenman you will get more rasp, and with high flow cats you can get more resonance so you'll want that resonator in place just to keep things refined.
Thanks for the info omey.. so a single 2.75 to 3" high flow race cat.. will i still pas emissions with a race cat? I need to pass emissions still. will that diameter be too large to fit up the the more so stock exhaust on the Eisenmann side?
lol.. im not refined!! so I wont be using any resonators at all!!

Proven Guilty
07-26-2008, 09:03 PM
haha yeah. i'd have to agree on the resonator if it were stock, but slammed_c is running the ultra rare kleemann full pulley kit, and other goodies. gotta go all out, and i think w/ the more fuel, more air, more umph, the exhaust will still sound very healthy and not too tinny.

omeyhomey
07-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the info omey.. so a single 2.75 to 3" high flow race cat.. will i still pas emissions with a race cat? I need to pass emissions still. will that diameter be too large to fit up the the more so stock exhaust on the Eisenmann side?
lol.. im not refined!! so I wont be using any resonators at all!!

fair enough to each his own. The Core is the same on all diameters, its just the inlet & outlet size that varies from 2.0-3.0

Yes you can get OBD2 compliant race cats from magnaflow with O2 bungs already installed. Just go on magnaflo website, choose which one you like and then get part number and get it on ebay for fraction of the cost.

Pagz
07-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Nice muff bro,very nice!!!.
So its a straight through design?,and if so then shit theres alot of sound insulation in there...guess that unique body shape also helps eliminate the unwanted frequences.
I wish i could have remade my C36 muff into a straight through 3"- 2x2",as that muffler body suits the 202 well imo.

It must be time you did the headers?? =)

SLAMMED_C
07-28-2008, 04:19 PM
fair enough to each his own. The Core is the same on all diameters, its just the inlet & outlet size that varies from 2.0-3.0

Yes you can get OBD2 compliant race cats from magnaflow with O2 bungs already installed. Just go on magnaflo website, choose which one you like and then get part number and get it on ebay for fraction of the cost.
cool man.. thanks for the info and tips, ill check it out. anything you recommend?
another question for ya.. 2.5" diameter exhaust pipe.. is that the inside dimension or the outside dimension?
I think id like to do a 2.5" exhaust system with high flow race cat to the Eisenmann exhaust. the first part im missing is a header though!! I really need to do one.

Originally posted by 23k
Nice muff bro,very nice!!!.
So its a straight through design?,and if so then shit theres alot of sound insulation in there...guess that unique body shape also helps eliminate the unwanted frequences.
I wish i could have remade my C36 muff into a straight through 3"- 2x2",as that muffler body suits the 202 well imo.
It must be time you did the headers?? =)
lol.. thanks mang! it is straight through from what i can see.. but there must be some sort of passage in the muffler core.. havent really looked into it though!
I hope its loud!
I know man.. I know.. I need the header now. dont know what one though.. just go with the SS.. or go wild and get the Vaeth one?!

omeyhomey
07-28-2008, 04:50 PM
cool man.. thanks for the info and tips, ill check it out. anything you recommend?
another question for ya.. 2.5" diameter exhaust pipe.. is that the inside dimension or the outside dimension?
I think id like to do a 2.5" exhaust system with high flow race cat to the Eisenmann exhaust. the first part im missing is a header though!! I really need to do one.

lol.. thanks mang! it is straight through from what i can see.. but there must be some sort of passage in the muffler core.. havent really looked into it though!
I hope its loud!
I know man.. I know.. I need the header now. dont know what one though.. just go with the SS.. or go wild and get the Vaeth one?!

Magnaflows specs are ID so 2.65" OD roughly (they use thick 16gauge tubing for most of their components).

Stock headers flow decently well, the real restriction is the cats and the Mid pipes thats where the real power is (other than the stock catback of course). I'm not saying headers won't help but the real restriction is in the rest of the exhaust system. Usually high performance headers will give you 8-12HP @ wheels on the top end.

SLAMMED_C
08-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Okay, the Eisenmann RACE is finally installed. had a couple things done.
High flow cat (from some Australian company, cant remember the name) 2.5" pipe, and of course it all mates up to my Eisenmann!

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_520_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_517_full.jpg

Pagz
08-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Sup bro,
Looks great!,hows sound and performance?

Yip will get a flange price for ya,think the same guys will be doing my flywheel too,might be able to cut the prices down alittle.

SLAMMED_C
08-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by 23K
Sup bro,
Looks great!,hows sound and performance?

Yip will get a flange price for ya,think the same guys will be doing my flywheel too,might be able to cut the prices down alittle.
Thanks Paul.. sound is wicked!! Ill try and get some vid of it at idle and revving and driving. but it sounds very racy when driving!! sounds killer. I wasnt too keen on it at first but it has grown on me for sure.. now I love it!!
I havent really noticed any performance gains.. but its hard to say. very minimal if any.

Thanks bro.. gotta get that flange!!

svt ricco
08-15-2008, 01:58 PM
any vids yet?

SLAMMED_C
08-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by svt ricco
any vids yet?
no vids YET!!
hopefully soon. have to get someone to film me.

Powerslave
11-15-2008, 10:56 AM
I've got the same exhaust! NIIIIIICE WORK MATE! NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!
It sounds pretty good!