PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard clock keeps resetting and dash problems

sensoryx
07-29-2008, 12:13 AM
A few days ago I had my dash bulbs swapped at a local shop. They did my last bulb swap and I had no trouble.

Heres what happened. When i turned on my car today, none of the dashboard lights didnt show [ ex. the clock/temp ] And a few random dashboard check lights came up. Speedo was working fine. When I turned off the car, the check lights stayed on.

Somehow I went back to normal after I played around with the light knob before turning on the ignition again.

Hoever, now.. the clock always resets itself to a certain time, when i turn on the ignition.

Any idea whats going on? Do I need to bring it back again so they can reset the dashboard? You think the problem will be reoccuring?

Logic
07-29-2008, 01:23 PM
i m wondering if they turned the ignition on with the dash or bezel not plugged in. i heard of some stories where things are getting done like you and with something unplugged like a dash piece, air bag etc etc they turn the key on which could have cause the issue you have. or since its a ribbon like cable maybe the cable was not put back correctly and it slipped out. i know when i put the chrome rings on my dials when i plugged it back in i noticed two of the lights blew out. so i had to get replacement lights . the second time i had to take it apart to replace the bulbs that blew and when i got it back together half of the bulbs didn't work. thinking that it was weird that half the bulbs didnt work. so basically i fiddled with the plug pulling it out and in again and got the lights to turn on. so maybe its as simple as pulling the plug and reinstalling like in my situation.