PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to the C280's temperature control

MrSpace
09-26-2003, 04:57 PM
The C230 komp has the manual temperature controls, where you select from blue (cold) to red (hot)

I'd like the C280's module where you can dial in the temperature (if I'm not mistaken)

is it a big job to change? cost wise?

Etienne

MBenzNL
09-27-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by MrSpace
is it a big job to change? cost wise?
yes, it is a big job and it is DEFINITELY NOT worth the time, effort and costs!

I upgraded my heater only system (airconditioning wasn't a standard feature in europe on the (first) 202s) to the automatic climate control and it IS a lot of work (look at the pictures on my website...the pictures where the dash and heater housing is removed might give you an idea of the amount of work).

greetingz,

bc24
09-27-2003, 05:02 PM
Dude, dont do it. The manual ones are way better, I wish that I had them. The digital ones all start to break eventually. It is a very common problem with them. With the manual ones, there is not really as much that can go wrong. Its better design.

MBenzNL
09-28-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by bc24
The manual ones are way better
No they are not! I like my automatic one A LOT better then all the regular ones we have as standard feature here in Europe...
My automatic one functione without a single problem for the last 330.000 kilometer...no problems at all and I don't change the temp settings more then 3-4 times a year...

greetingz,

MrSpace
09-28-2003, 03:41 PM
well here in quebec, where it goes from -30 celcius in the winter, to + 35 celcius in the summer, and where it goes from 3 celcius at night to 25 celcius the day in 24hours it's so nice to have automatic control. My father's S80 has this and it's the nicest feature of the car.

Even if it means putting apart half the car I'm willing to give it a try, the only thing is to figure out what's needed and the cost

Etienne

CountSologub
10-07-2003, 04:39 PM
one thing I'm confused about is, I have 98 C230, and it's got automatic climate control... and I know for a fact that this was not a later upgrade... did they step-down standard equipment in 99?

Renn 208
10-07-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by CountSologub
one thing I'm confused about is, I have 98 C230, and it's got automatic climate control... and I know for a fact that this was not a later upgrade... did they step-down standard equipment in 99?

I don't think it's a step down for '99 issue, but a question of what country you're from. US cars come with different "standard" options compared to other countries.

MrSpace
10-08-2003, 03:07 AM
In canada only the 280 and I found out that the "Elegance" version came with the automatic controls (along with chrome mouldings, wheels, etc)

You had "classic" which was the base model and "elegance" which was the option. I saw only a very few "sport" for sale so I think it's pretty rare here.

Etienne

CountSologub
10-30-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Renn 208
I don't think it's a step down for '99 issue, but a question of what country you're from. US cars come with different "standard" options compared to other countries.

from Cali here... so US car.....