PDA

View Full Version : Help with wiring for Rear view mirror with Homelink

junklar
08-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi guys,

So I finally bought an autodimming rear-view mirror with homelink from ebay. I know a couple of members on here (one of them is BoominBenz) wired the mirror up by tapping into the 12V from the sunroof.

I don't have the mirror yet, but from the pictures I've seen, it looks like there is 10 pins that need to be connected to either 12V or ground.

Which wires connect to ground and which ones connect to the 12V?

Any help would be appreciated.

Logic
08-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by junklar
Hi guys,

So I finally bought an autodimming rear-view mirror with homelink from ebay. I know a couple of members on here (one of them is BoominBenz) wired the mirror up by tapping into the 12V from the sunroof.

I don't have the mirror yet, but from the pictures I've seen, it looks like there is 10 pins that need to be connected to either 12V or ground.

Which wires connect to ground and which ones connect to the 12V?

Any help would be appreciated.

its hard to determine what you are saying with out some kind of graph or diagram. you just cant tell some one what goes where or why with out knowing what the wires do. wait till you get the diagram and do what it says. as far as wiring of the unit in my eyes its alway best to go to the ignition for power. t tapping into sun roof or something else could cause problems as me i m a m.e.c.p mobile installer for 13 years and for tapping into something like the sunroof may not casue any issues but in my eyes isn't the best thing to do.

junklar
08-01-2008, 10:12 PM
that's the problem.. I don't have a diagram and that's why I am asking people who have done this kind of upgrade on their own cars.

illusionaryline
08-01-2008, 10:35 PM
this may sound like a stupid question, but whats homelink?

nikrox
08-01-2008, 10:47 PM
its the built in garage door opener.....the new models have them on the rearview mirror, versus the sun visor

_n.

Logic
08-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by junklar
that's the problem.. I don't have a diagram and that's why I am asking people who have done this kind of upgrade on their own cars.

ahhh i see just try googling it and see what happens you never know