PDA

View Full Version : Grinding Noises?

Cru328prod
08-08-2008, 02:24 AM
Ok mb just put a brand new mb reman transmission in my car, and i'm still having this grinding noise coming from the front of my car, and can't pin point it....it doesn't even have to be in drive and it makes the noise when i press and hold the gas passed 2k to about 4 (which is making me think its the supercharger) and then it doesn't make the noise, even on decel....it sounds like gears grinding...but it can't be the trans...it was the same issue before the new trans was even put in.

i replaced the motor mounts just recently and the dealership said i have weak mounts, and like your fucking kinding...they did replace the lower control arm bushings, and did a aligment and put non mb adpators <---wtf is that btw does it mean i don't need speedyz camber arms?...to correct the adjustments.....

I'll scan and upload the sheet the dealer, but i'm taking it back...maybe one of you guys could tell me.....cause we all know even tho your a master mb tech.....doesn't mean you know a w202 inside out.....

kevinzorz
08-08-2008, 04:51 AM
you said you've replaced motors mounts, but what about the transmission mounts? does the grinding noise come when you rev it in neutral? or in reverse?
is it really a grinding noise or more like rapid knocking?

Cru328prod
08-08-2008, 06:37 AM
Well they would have spotted bad mounts putting a new tranny in

It happens at revs

Doesn't even matter what it's in

Only happens on acceles up to 4k and decells

I'm thinking some pully is loose

xvvvz
08-08-2008, 07:50 AM
It could be as simple as one of the belt tensioners going bad, supercharger clutch or other parts going bad, or a pulley going bad like you suggested. No way for anyone to diagnose it without being there though.

Cru328prod
08-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by xvvvz
It could be as simple as one of the belt tensioners going bad, supercharger clutch or other parts going bad, or a pulley going bad like you suggested. No way for anyone to diagnose it without being there though.

If I had to put money on it I would say the same