PDA

View Full Version : cruise control not working

nikrox
08-21-2008, 02:41 AM
i dont have bigger wheels, and i already did a search and couldnt come up with anything

it was working yesterday, and today on my way home, it wouldnt engage

i drove through a fairly large area of water yesterday with it on, but didnt notice a change in the cruise control til today.....you think the water may have knocked something out?is it something the dealer could just reset, or is it just a fuse?anybody know which fuse it is?

thanks

_n.

NW_Merc
08-21-2008, 04:15 AM
Have you checked the battery and power to the rest of the car? On my dad's car (W210) when the battery was running low the cruise control wouldn't engage.

nikrox
08-21-2008, 10:53 AM
hmmmm....ill have to check.thanks

_n.

anf6789
08-23-2008, 03:54 PM
also jiggle the throttle under the hood, mine was acting weird, but after i did that it's been working fine.

stox
08-23-2008, 04:55 PM
As silly as it sounds, check to see if your brake lights are working.

Cru328prod
08-23-2008, 08:28 PM
justtttttt duck tape the pedal to the floor you'll be fine;)

nikrox
08-25-2008, 11:42 PM
hahah....yeah i dont always drive with it on, just once in a while to help save on gas

*Update*
the next day, it started working again.maybe something had to dry out, and then once i started my car the next day, gave it time for the computer to reset......idk.just my guess

although, does anyone know if mercedes has some sorta safety pre-caution integrated in their cars to prevent cruise control from working in rain?
i know the toyota sienna limited XLE will not allow you to set the cruise control when the windshield wipers are on

_n.

Cru328prod
08-27-2008, 12:04 AM
well since mines is broken also, i couldn't give you a def answer...but our cars don't come with rain sensors....i would think if it lost traction in away it would turn off.