PDA

View Full Version : No Power Trunk Wont Open Help Plz

ChronicC230
08-27-2008, 11:02 PM
hey guys i got a 98 c230 its been sittin for awhile now i lost all power i cant open the trunk iv tired a cig litter charger but it dont work the keys dont work how can i pop the trunk. help plz THANK YOU

JRE320
08-28-2008, 07:32 AM
Did you try the manual key?

ChronicC230
08-28-2008, 09:59 AM
iv tryed the keys it wont open cause of da vac locks

Denlasoul
08-28-2008, 10:27 AM
try it again. it should open with the key.

NW_Merc
08-28-2008, 11:59 AM
If you have a jump starter pack or cables you can open the car up from the engine bay.

The reason why it won't open is because the boot lock needs the pump in the boot to work and if the vacuum doesn't work it won't open.

1. Pop your hood - you'll be able to open the driver's door with your key and pop the hood as it relies on a cable and not the vacuum.
2. On the right side of your car, near the back of the engine bay you will find a black plastic cover with what looks like a cross on it. You need to open this up and you will see 3 electrical connections.
3. The red clamp from your jump cable needs to grip this somehow
4. The black clamp needs to be earthed to any other bolt in the engine bay (I used one of the bolts that holds the front cross member)
5. Have someone sit in the driver seat. Turn on the jump source whether this be a pack or another vehicle and you should hear a click of the central locking pump.
6. You (or the person in the driver seat) can pop the trunk lid like this and then charge the battery up the conventional way.

ChronicC230
08-28-2008, 01:38 PM
there r 2 conections under dat box wit a cross on it which one do i put da positve to and were talk about the little box wit da cross on it in front of da fuse box rite

NW_Merc
08-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Yes, in terms of a connection either one will do

ChronicC230
08-28-2008, 05:50 PM
THANKS gonna try it ill let u know

xvvvz
08-28-2008, 06:08 PM
This thread has been read over 53 times and I bet that at least 15-20 different people read it who could have answered your question. Another 15+ people could have helped you on the other forum where you posted this.

"dew u have n e gues y they no did do"?

We are friendly and helpful group but you might get more help if you show the group a little more respect for our time than some lame out of fashion 1999-style babble that is a chore to decipher.

If you use the search button, you will find a number of threads on accessing the trunk with a dead battery. In one of the longer ones, I posted pictures of the connector. Read the whole thread and it discusses what to connect where.

ChronicC230
08-28-2008, 08:51 PM
WOW sorry man didnt mean to disrespect anyone just really needed some help and i dont really come on da computer oftin so i didnt know about a search botton but THANK YOU to the people that helped