PDA

View Full Version : I got a new 202!

benzo23
09-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Well I sold my black on and I now have a 98 c230 in white instead, it is flawless physicaly...but I bought it used from the honda dealer and when I test drove it everything seemed fine, after a few days I noticed a knocking coming from the top of the valve cover, and for sure its not the water pump this time...so I remembered they gave me a 2 month 2k mile warrenty so I took it in this morning to get looked at and after about 3hrs of waiting they said that it had a bleeding valve lifter...with that being said the warrenty is a 50/50 split of repairs which in total was going to be 1400$ to replace all 16 valves and a new valve cover thing...so basicly 700 bucks I gotta come up with in the next 1500 miles, it also needs new brakes cause they chirp loudly when I apply light pressure and u can head them chirp slightly while I'm driving...which could also be the wheel bearings, which I never had a problem with on the black one....but with the knocking I added in a can of seafoam to the crank case and have driven about 50miles so far hoping that maybe it was just a lifter that had some crap built up in there, I don't really know how long I'm suppose to drive with sea foam in the oil but I was going to get new oil put in, in the next day or so....any insight would be appreciated...

Logic
09-16-2008, 05:41 PM
i thought sea foam was to be put in the gas? did you do any kind of like vin check on the car to see if its had any thing wrong with it . for like 29.00 you can check the back ground of the car which in my eyes can save your ass in some cases. how many miles on the car?

benzo23
09-16-2008, 06:29 PM
yea sea foam has 3 uses, put it in the oil to clean out the lifters and valves, in the gas tank, and in the vacuum line...the car has 110k, and yea i got a car fax...1 owner..no accidents or anything..i mean the shit is mint...just they neglected to change the rotors and now has developed this annoying ass knock...and hey a complete valve job for 650$ thats pretty cheap..so i think im going to do it incase this seafoam and a fresh lube job doesnt do the trick..

xvvvz
09-16-2008, 07:25 PM
I would get some sort of confirmation on this ASAP. I wouldn't want to drive very far with anything that might affect an oil's ability to protect.

benzo23
09-17-2008, 10:25 AM
well drained out all the oil with the seafoam in it, and put fresh oil in...and long behold the damn knocking is still there and just as loud as before so maybe the diagnosis was correct...looks like im going to swallow 650 to the dealer..