PDA

View Full Version : i learned something about my rear brakes

Logic
09-22-2008, 05:32 PM
i learned something new about my rear brakes. i usually take my brakes to mercedes since they did do the front pads and added my zimmerman rotors, but one of my good friends is a manager at brakes plus and i pre ordered my ceramic pads and BRAKE SENSORS . not knowing really anything about brakes on my car the sensors and pads were order which were a 2 pin type pad. the reason i decided to have brakes plus do them they did it alot less which everyone know the stealership charger 495.00 per axel. well i did call the stealership and told them i had the rotors they still wanted to charge me over 200.00 for pads and sensors and i already owned the rotors. anyways to make a long story short here is the break down . i found out the rear brakes on the mercedes dont have brake sensors yet mercedes was going to charge me 15 bucks a piece for them hmmmmm. the rear pads are a 1 pin since there are not any sensors on there hmmmm.
here is a break down on the total cost
MERCEDES STEALERSHIP
pads and labor w/ sensors 223.00
with out tax and me owning the
rotors
me doing some research and looking for a good deal zimmerman rear rotors w/ 15% off 113.23 and new ceramic pads with labor 119.45 with a total savings of over 265.00 off the per axel price . it pays to do research :)

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z125/Deslogic/rotors002.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z125/Deslogic/rotors001.jpg

c280nz
09-23-2008, 01:28 AM
your rotor/red caliper/mag combo looks nice man!

Logic
09-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by c280nz
your rotor/red caliper/mag combo looks nice man!

thx alot for the comment.... i also found out there is a spray called corrosive x which will help aid or even take away surface rust off the rotor edges and lug area . i should have painted them before getting them installed but this spray helps prolong the areas where rust will develop. my friend at discount tire showed it and it works great.

stox
09-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Sounds like your dealer really wanted to be a Proctologist when he grew up.

Cru328prod
09-25-2008, 05:31 AM
I got sensors for sale......2 for 5 including shipping