PDA

View Full Version : Very frustrated

benzo23
09-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Well after a full day of driving it after getting it back from 1400$ worth of new valve lifters it still makes the knocking noise, this is my 2nd c230 so I know what the normal valve knock and this is not it, it increases with rpms and seems to be located on the top and in the middle of the valve case right under where the air intake tube crosses over and let me add it doesn't do it when the car first turns on from being cold, you can only hear it when its at normal degree opp. Temp...I mean there is no way it can be the valves since there brand new...I'm stumped for ideas...plugs maybe?, highly doubt its the timing chain, and its not the water pump this time like on the black car cause I replaced the serp belt today and while it was off spun the water pump and spun as if it were new...any ideas?????

Cru328prod
09-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Idler, supercharger or ac compressor can make that noise too I just replace all 3, it's a tad quiter but I still have this exhaust leak noise....never hurts to change the plugs...it can be a number of things take it back to the dealer. There's always that possiblity they fd up

benzo23
09-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Well after a full day of driving the damn car still makes the knock mike diagnostic it again and were pretty sure its the hydrolic timing chain tensioner, so I called honda and they said that the noise is normal and that its the fuel injectors which is bullshit and there going to fuck me over for an 80 buck part, so I spent all that money for new valves and that wasn't even the problem when they said it was..I feel like there going to fuck me

JRE320
09-26-2008, 02:23 PM
You brought the car to Honda? Why Honda????? :confused: :confused:

benzo23
09-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Cause I bought it off there used a lot, and the only way they would do the warrenty was if it was at there facility, which is bullshit...I'm just trying to figure out what ground I have to stand on about this, and keep in mind I still have in writing about where the tech said it was a bleeding valve lifter, and that wasn't true since they replaced them all and the knock is still there...

JRE320
09-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Bring the car back to them and let them figure it out.
Let them suffer till they fix it right. ;)

benzonline
09-26-2008, 03:10 PM
It will never be fixed if its at Honda.

benzo23
09-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Well they tried to come back and say that it is the fuel injectors which is bullshit, I'm almost sure its the timing belt tensioner, its one of the only things that makes sence that it could be that produces such a noise in that location...regardless if its at a honda dealer or not the guy did I good enough job on the valves which is wayyy more effort than the timing chain tensioner, I just don't believe I should come out of pocket anymore because it wasn't me that mis-diagnosed it...and they basicly said on the phone today that I'm sol cause they believe it to be the fuel injectors and that's the normal sound it makes and it fucking isant I'd bet 10000 on it

Cru328prod
09-27-2008, 03:10 AM
Try a new belt, pull one of the plugs and see how it looks. Try the little diy'ers 1st. Believe me I know how fustrating it is..... I hate the fact that you can only get into the ecu threw sds .

benzo23
09-27-2008, 03:20 AM
Already a step ahead, replaced the serp belt and installed new plugs yesterday, I'm tellin ya the timing chain tensioner makes logical sence and I just need to somehow convince the dealership that I wasted my money on something that wasn't even the problem and just want them to fix it properly at no cost to me...

Cru328prod
09-27-2008, 03:43 AM
Well I don't know what your warrenty is like, but take that shit to mercades and pay $100 to do a dianogstic, explain the issue have them write it up. Check your lemon laws in ur state and check your warrent agreement if they've given you one. I use to work for a dealership and I know they won't refund you shit. The tech can easly say ooh it was going bad, it need to be replaced before it caused more damage. Now that it's fix another major concern came along. I can't remember if u can take a stick to push down the tensioner to see if it needs to be replaced. But spend that hundred to save yourself alot of headaches...... There's nothing wrong with 2nd opinions.....WTF does a Honda tech know anything about a M111 motor.

benzo23
09-30-2008, 12:11 PM
well i dropped the car back off with them today, and a lady i was sitting next to overheard them talking about my car saying that they had mis-diagnosed it, so now the fuckers have my car for another god knows how many more days..i just want the knocking gone

benzo23
10-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Well I called the dealer today since they have had it for 4 days and they said that it is the timing chain tensioner and that there replacing it at no cost to me, if and when I get it back and it still knocks I'm going to be livid..

benzo23
10-08-2008, 12:38 PM
well they replaced the timing chain tensioner and they said it still makes the fucking noise!, im picking it up in the morning and taking it to MB and letting them tell me what it is...and fuck it ill send the bill to the honda dealer..

DirectLA
10-09-2008, 01:42 PM
This is incredibly frustrating I'm sure. Please keep us updated and in the meantime I'd be curious to know what percentage (or however your warranty is structured) you pay for repairs, such as the $1,400 original job. Sounds like something to be settled in small claims.

If it helps any I was considering a 2000 CLK at a local Acura dealer and the "customer service" and pressure they piled up on me from multiple employees was so intense I walked out and wrote a review of their dealership online to spare others the grief. I bought my w202 from the dealer as CPO program and will say I got used to the level of service they offer, something Acura could never touch.

benzo23
10-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Basicly the warrenty was just a 50\50 split of repairs for 2 months or 2k miles...after the 700 that I spent on the valves they didn't make me pay for the timing chain tensioner...the strange thing is the car drives great!, idles smooths, rev sounds healthy, and it still has legit power for what it is, qucicker than my old one... just from about 700 to 1400 rpm it makes that god forsaken knock, its speed gets faster as the revs go up and the noise stays the same volume and tone...I've began to get use to it...it just irks me to no end trying to figure out what it is...I really am out of ideas...I mean it sounds like a damn valve knocking, but its not...that's when I thought it was timing chain related, and its not, and u can only hear it when the car is fully warmed up, not when its cold...and I've tryed a thicker oil and did no good at all....grrrrrr, sry for the typing errors, damn blackberry