PDA

View Full Version : Front rotors

benzo23
10-03-2008, 05:52 AM
Pretty straight foward question, on the my car the front and rear rotors are solid and not vented...can I get vented rotors and have them fit without any issues with the caliper and my new pads?

xvvvz
10-03-2008, 06:35 AM
If they are the same diameter and thickness as factory spec'd, they should fit fine. Get quality ones so that you don't have problems with warping, etc.

benzo23
10-03-2008, 06:50 AM
vented is thicker than the solid...same diameter tho..

Logic
10-03-2008, 01:01 PM
when you say solid you mean the face or the disc or the side ? do you mean a slotted as crossed drilled ? since the fronts are vented the rears are solid if you mean the rotors them self but if your looking for a good crossed drilled i have had good luck with the zimmerman crossed drilled and are german made. they can be looked at autopartswarehouse.com

OCKlasse
10-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Tried to add vented rotors originally to mine. No dice. It's worth upgrading the brakes altogether. The car brakes eons better now.

benzo23
10-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Logic
when you say solid you mean the face or the disc or the side ? do you mean a slotted as crossed drilled ? since the fronts are vented the rears are solid if you mean the rotors them self but if your looking for a good crossed drilled i have had good luck with the zimmerman crossed drilled and are german made. they can be looked at autopartswarehouse.com

Hey I mean solid as in the disk itself, just like how the rears are but in the front...but the last post answered my question...and when I was searching I had seen your postings about the zimmermans and that's what I was going to get, and I've heard all the crap about cross drilled cracking but listen its not like I'm doing hot laps at sebring or anything...I just drive to work and to school...so I think ill be fine, question tho..I was going to get the akabaneo or whatever there name is ceramin pads to go along with the zimmerman rotors front and rear...what pads are u guys running? Ceramic or just oem compound?

Logic
10-03-2008, 03:08 PM
so you are saying the fronts ion your car are solid too? strange since mine were vented. i did ceramics on the rears and i m having a issue with noise as my fronts are semi metallic. i m taking the car back monday to see why there are so squeeky.

Cru328prod
10-05-2008, 09:18 AM
R1 con's SUCKKKKKKKKK

they warp fasttttttt

stick with slotted...

vented/drilled....when they warp they start to crack

marvinstockman
10-07-2008, 03:41 PM
I think the last car I owned that had solid front rotors was my 1969 Datsun 510. Is it possible someone put these rotors on by mistake?

benzo23
10-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Nope I'm possitive this car comes with solid front rotors, this is my 2nd one and has the same set up