PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Brakes from w203??

illusionaryline
10-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Hey guys,

I can get my hands on some Brakes from a 04 W203 C200K With all sports options for $100, The brakes look about the 330mm size.

Does anyone know if they will fit on the 202?

jnolte
10-07-2008, 06:43 PM
you can get the brembo/amg c32 brakes they fit

Nelson Lago
10-07-2008, 07:10 PM
heres what powerslave did

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=14837

illusionaryline
10-08-2008, 04:24 AM
looks like im doing it!! :D

is there any other cool parts off a 203 that i should take and use? other than the motor :P

Logic
10-08-2008, 12:14 PM
ok from what i m reading here is the amg brake set from a w203 will fit on any w202 (amg or not) with out any modding correct? as far as off set what is the min requirement for these to clear ? that beats the 2600.00 brembo big kit price in my eyes.

Nelson Lago
10-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Well all i know is 18's are needed i think, and these are made by brembo with Mercedes written on it or AMG what ever it says. IMO that gives the car a better look

jnolte
10-11-2008, 02:47 AM
only 17s are needed, as in stock c32 cars run 17s

illusionaryline
10-11-2008, 03:33 AM
i got 20's so heaps of clearance, ill be fitting them in next few days will be posting pics as soon as i have them on!!!

am i going to run into any trouble with abs and brake lines or anything?

allirroz
10-11-2008, 04:47 AM
Why bigger brakes? if you own a c43 or a c36 I would understand why. But on a non amg motor , like the 230 or 280 which are not fast at all, the OE brakes should be sufficient. Unless of course its just for looks. I honestly believe its a waste of money. Just my 2 cents

nikrox
10-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by allirroz
Why bigger brakes? if you own a c43 or a c36 I would understand why. But on a non amg motor , like the 230 or 280 which are not fast at all, the OE brakes should be sufficient. Unless of course its just for looks. I honestly believe its a waste of money. Just my 2 cents

+1

_n.

illusionaryline
10-12-2008, 02:42 PM
you guys are unbeleivable... if you read its only $100 how can ya say no?

OCKlasse
10-12-2008, 07:11 PM

Umm it was one of the best mods I ever did. My car actually brakes now when I need it to.

allirroz
10-13-2008, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
Umm it was one of the best mods I ever did. My car actually brakes now when I need it to.

Mine does too with no problems, I drive flat out
(pedal to the metal) very often and when possible, never once did my OE BRAKES fade or fail on me. .(Is it possibly psychological for you?) Are you also saying the OE brakes are inferior?
Wanna share that s..t you're smoking.....LOL

illusionaryline
10-13-2008, 04:16 AM
i guess u wouldnt know until you do the conversion yourself hey...

allirroz
10-13-2008, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by illusionaryline
i guess u wouldnt know until you do the conversion yourself hey...

Do not get me wrong. I am sure that the difference would be night and day. All I am saying if you are going for looks then fine, go for it.
But when it comes to stopping power how much more do you need for a non amg.

OCKlasse
10-13-2008, 09:39 AM
(pedal to the metal) very often and when possible, never once did my OE BRAKES fade or fail on me. .(Is it possibly psychological for you?) Are you also saying the OE brakes are inferior?

Shit I'm smoking? Any car that doesn't come with front vented rotors from the factory is an inferior braking system in my book. My CLK550 brakes have been magnificent for me.

allirroz
10-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
Any car that doesn't come with front vented rotors from the factory is an inferior braking system in my book.

you just justified yourself that it is indeed psychological.

Its cool OC to each his own.

OCKlasse
10-13-2008, 09:16 PM
you just justified yourself that it is indeed psychological.

Its cool OC to each his own.

If you honestly think your brakes are adequate, try driving a more performance-oriented vehicle. After driving the dad's CL55 a few times, it became apparent that my brakes were not up to par. Brakes are one of those things that are always worth upgrading, modified vehicle or not.

Whenever I would caravan with a bunch of guys to local hangouts, I would be afraid when they would slam on the brakes and I, behind them, did not have the equivalent braking power to stop short of rear-ending them. That's not an issue anymore, and I speak from real-life experience.

crazy00c230k
10-13-2008, 10:32 PM

i have the c32 brakes on my car and it is a HUGE difference. the OE brakes are adequate, not inferior, but there is tons of room for improvement. the upgrade is well worth it, especially in this case because he is getting such a good deal on them. im not going to lie, i did the upgrade mainly for looks, but i also enjoy a "spirited" drive every now and then and there is no doubt that my new brakes outperform my OE ones in stopping power and fade resistance.

illusionaryline
10-14-2008, 03:54 AM
cheers guys, cant wait to get them on!

OCKlasse
10-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by crazy00c230k
i have the c32 brakes on my car and it is a HUGE difference. the OE brakes are adequate, not inferior, but there is tons of room for improvement. the upgrade is well worth it, especially in this case because he is getting such a good deal on them. im not going to lie, i did the upgrade mainly for looks, but i also enjoy a "spirited" drive every now and then and there is no doubt that my new brakes outperform my OE ones in stopping power and fade resistance.

Please note he came with vented front rotors from the factory :D ;) before I get more hassle.

Logic
10-16-2008, 03:12 PM

i see what your saying although mine (c230 k)are factory with zimmer rotors my brakes stop on a dime. but putting the amg in front would be a hell of a improvement , look and braking power for our cars. needed or not :D