PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my pneumatic seats 99 C43

Kustomhonda
10-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Hey guys,

Has anyone ever had any problems with their pneumatic seats similar to these? Upon starting the car the lumbar supports inflate to full capacity. I can inflate/deflate them for about 5-10 minutes after starting the car. Then without touching the controls they deflate completely and I can not reinflate them. I also lose control of the lateral bucket supports as well. Basically the lumbar supports deflate and the control toggles stop responding after about 5-10 minutes of starting the car. Any ideas????

Thanks,

benztec
10-12-2008, 05:43 PM
take your seatbacks off and see if everything is connected properly. if so then probably the pse pump is bad.

Denlasoul
10-13-2008, 06:05 AM
Mine has never inflated by itself, and this Thread is the first I've ever heard of it doing so.

Keep us updated on the progress.

Kustomhonda
10-13-2008, 06:39 AM
Dens,

When I got my C43 this summer the seats appeared to be fucntioning fine. They would inflate to my previously set specifications automatically upon starting the car. Now its a different story. They inflat to capacity, ignoring my presettings and then deflate completely in 5-10 minutes. Drives me crazy because I have a bad back and loved the seats until these problems arose. I will keep you posted.

Denlasoul
10-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Interesting.

Mine do not lose inflation and remain how I set them.

Only problem I have experienced with them is that a Y-hose became loose and the bladder was not inflating.

I suggest that you ziptie those Y connectors as they are pretty notorious for popping off.

As for the self-inflating, not I am really curious. Any other 43 owners experience the same?

ludachris
10-19-2008, 12:52 PM
I never use my pneumatic seats in fear of breaking them.:cheek:

However I just noticed the other day that the side bolsters on the drivers seat dont inflate or deflate. I havent looked into it yet but hopefully its just a loose fitting as Denlasoul mentioned.

Also, my seats dont have presets. They always stay where I set them and I have never had the auto-inflating problem.