PDA

View Full Version : New Crossdrilled rotors...w/ PICS

benzo23
10-20-2008, 10:11 AM
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1131/img00218xm5.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/2366/img00220dj2.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8426/img00221fd4.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7302/img00224xq8.jpg

Zimmerman X drilled rotors front and rear, with Akebono Euro ceramic pads on the front and rear, great stopping now along with an annoying ass humming as the air passes through the holes. After cleaning the front calipers i discovered that they were a gold iron color which looked pretty tight against the car so i left it that color and painted the rears in gloss black along with the dust shields...

yusuke280
10-20-2008, 11:16 AM
good upgrade. make sure you upgrade the hoses too.

Logic
10-20-2008, 11:55 AM
i have the same rotors, the strange thing i found out about the rotors as for the fronts the pattern runs the same meaning on one side they look right and the other looks like it is going backwards. when i just got the rears it does the same thing but the opposite meaning one side looks right and the other side looks like its backward. so when you look at my car the front left looks right and the rear left looks backwards and the right front looks backwards and the right rear looks right ....is that what yours looks like ? the pattern is drill the same for left and right it doesnt change for left and right . i m seeing that your rear pattern looks a little different as mine. looks like the fronts ( patterns of 3 instead of 3 then 2 then 3 then 2 like yours) so are your rotors squeeking or humming . i had ceramic pads put on in the rear and they squeeked like hell. i end up using a semi metallic pad and fixed the problem since my front never had a issue with a semi metallic. i was told by my friend who is a manager of brakes plus that certain rotors like ours need to see a certain pad and they like to see a certain formulation of pad on them if you paint the calipers in front they are more likey not to get dirty as fast . oh another thing the part of the rotors that have the lugs it will start to surface rust a little and found out if you dont paint them they will rust. i found some stuff that retards the rust and prolongs the shiney look .

benzo23
10-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Logic
i have the same rotors, the strange thing i found out about the rotors as for the fronts the pattern runs the same meaning on one side they look right and the other looks like it is going backwards. when i just got the rears it does the same thing but the opposite meaning one side looks right and the other side looks like its backward. so when you look at my car the front left looks right and the rear left looks backwards and the right front looks backwards and the right rear looks right ....is that what yours looks like ? the pattern is drill the same for left and right it doesnt change for left and right . i m seeing that your rear pattern looks a little different as mine. looks like the fronts ( patterns of 3 instead of 3 then 2 then 3 then 2 like yours) so are your rotors squeeking or humming . i had ceramic pads put on in the rear and they squeeked like hell. i end up using a semi metallic pad and fixed the problem since my front never had a issue with a semi metallic. i was told by my friend who is a manager of brakes plus that certain rotors like ours need to see a certain pad and they like to see a certain formulation of pad on them if you paint the calipers in front they are more likey not to get dirty as fast . oh another thing the part of the rotors that have the lugs it will start to surface rust a little and found out if you dont paint them they will rust. i found some stuff that retards the rust and prolongs the shiney look .

hey, yea i get what your saying about the holes going in different directions..mine are the same way, at first i had thought they had sent me 2 of the same but then figured out the holes can go either direction...my ceramic pads are perfect for the front and rear, no noise out of them at all and no dust..i put the rotors and pads on friday drove an ass ton over then weekend and havent washed my car since friday after the brakes were put on and there is 0 dust...plus i dont mid wiping off the gold anyways, but yea i agree about painting the hubs i really should of done that before i put them on cause my brembo's rusted really really bad on the hubs and didnt look to good..

OCKlasse
10-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Akebono Euro Ceramics are excellent! Zero dust, absolutely no noise, and worth every penny! Great choice!

benzo23
10-20-2008, 01:42 PM
yea they seem to be great so far...strange thing is that i ordered them from autopartswarehouse.com and the rears they sent me were bigger than my original's, i wasnt about to put the oem's back on and have the dust again so i cut the rear pads to fit, basicly outlined the new one in the shape of the old one, they were the same width but were almost half an inch to high. so i cut them with my vertical table saw and then sanded the edges. perfect fit and float like they should...

Pagz
10-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Nice jack =)

Rotors look good too! =)...if you can get some braided lines in there too they help pedal feel alot!

Paul

Section 8
10-21-2008, 11:06 AM
nice upgrade whats the price

Logic
10-21-2008, 01:53 PM
is your benz a c230 non kompressor ? i was noticing that your fronts are vented like mine .

benzo23
10-21-2008, 02:08 PM
I got everything for around 350 I think, somewhere around that...and yea mine is the 230 non kompressor...so I'm going no where fast to even need cross drilled rotors but I like the look...

Benzalot
10-23-2008, 05:49 PM
Any pics with the wheels on, would like to see them that way

benzo23
10-24-2008, 04:11 AM
Yea ill get some up when I get the car back, she's in the shop getting the windows re tinted right now, going back to 5%....then she will get a nice bath then ill take some new pics with the brakes on and the windows

benzo23
10-25-2008, 05:39 PM
got a couple of new pics up in the gallery..ill take closer ones of the brakes when its clean..

Proven Guilty
10-26-2008, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by 23K
Nice jack =)

Rotors look good too! =)...if you can get some braided lines in there too they help pedal feel alot!

Paul

Ha, speaking of which I've still got my stoptech braided stainless steel lines with teflon coating and ATE fluid (2 pints)

I'd let em go for $75 shipped in the US.