PDA

View Full Version : Does Momo make a hub adapter kit for 202's?

trackstar
10-29-2008, 09:36 AM
I replaced the huge steering wheel off my old '92 190e (airbag) with a mom steering wheel as they had an adapter kit. Does anyone know if Momo has a hub adapter kit for the 202's?

Fred Hayward
10-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by trackstar
I replaced the huge steering wheel off my old '92 190e (airbag) with a mom steering wheel as they had an adapter kit. Does anyone know if Momo has a hub adapter kit for the 202's? They sure do !

NW_Merc
10-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Why would you want to replace your steering wheel in a W202 with airbag with one without an airbag?

trackstar
10-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Personal preference. I find my factory steering wheel a tad too big. Besides, its old, and the leather is worn (slippery). If I can get a hub adapter, I will order a nice Momo wheel (nothing too tacky). When I replaced the factory wheel on my old 190, I couldn't believe the difference in driving enjoyment from inside the car. I now it sounds cheesy, but that's how I felt. Fatter grip, sportier feel, new leather. Blah blah blah.

JRE320
10-31-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by trackstar
Personal preference. I find my factory steering wheel a tad too big. Besides, its old, and the leather is worn (slippery). If I can get a hub adapter, I will order a nice Momo wheel (nothing too tacky). When I replaced the factory wheel on my old 190, I couldn't believe the difference in driving enjoyment from inside the car. I now it sounds cheesy, but that's how I felt. Fatter grip, sportier feel, new leather. Blah blah blah.

Totally agree with you. ;)

Fred Hayward
10-31-2008, 01:40 PM
Momo do a very nice Wood & Leather Wheel ! I have one , it makes driving a pleasure; PS , people rely on air/bags to much, Mercedes seat belts are the best! if you use them properly

NW_Merc
11-02-2008, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Fred Hayward
Momo do a very nice Wood & Leather Wheel ! I have one , it makes driving a pleasure; PS , people rely on air/bags to much, Mercedes seat belts are the best! if you use them properly

I think the reason why people rely on airbags is that it stops your face and chest from being caved in by an impact ;)

Section 8
11-04-2008, 12:00 PM
just buy a new mercedes wheel

i did :)