PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal goes hard when hot outside...

grga
11-05-2008, 09:07 AM
So, strange things happens here. When I drive car in the morning (10-12 celsius degrees) clutch pedal goes flawless, changing gears also. When outside temp exceeds 25 degrees it goes much harder and some strange noises can be heard also...

Does anyone know what could cause this trouble?

Thank you very much for your answer guys.

Car is C23K, 1996.

c280nz
11-05-2008, 07:29 PM
try bleading some new brakefluid thru your clutch system, to make sure theres no air bubbles,
somewhere to start and cant do harm, let us know how that goes because if its much more than that shits getn' expensive;)

grga
11-06-2008, 12:13 PM
I'll try, tnx for advance.

Pagz
11-06-2008, 02:26 PM
As logan said,and if it still plays up it may be the ABS system, master cylinder or even calipers...have you checked the entire system for leaks?

Some ABS systems require the pump to be cycled to remove air bubbles...i think you can do this by plugging into star diagnostics,however finding a decent gravel patch or secluded damp road to bring on the abs is a cheaper method.

*just a thought...Maybe theres a situation where the brake fluide is slightly thicker when cool,and once heated flows easily through a poor seal in the ABS system or possible the master cylinder.

Goodluck! =)

c280nz
11-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by 23K
As logan said,and if it still plays up it may be the ABS system, master cylinder or even calipers...have you checked the entire system for leaks?

Some ABS systems require the pump to be cycled to remove air bubbles...i think you can do this by plugging into star diagnostics,however finding a decent gravel patch or secluded damp road to bring on the abs is a cheaper method.

*just a thought...Maybe theres a situation where the brake fluide is slightly thicker when cool,and once heated flows easily through a poor seal in the ABS system or possible the master cylinder.

Goodluck! =)
he is talking about the clutch paul, read the heading :p haha

Pagz
11-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Doooh =P

Pagz
11-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Is your strange noise squeeky?....if so could be the pivot point on the clutch arm needs alittle grease.
If its a rough sound maybe the thrust bearing is worn out.

Wierd as about the temperature effecting how hard it is to press...

grga
11-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by 23K
Is your strange noise squeeky?....if so could be the pivot point on the clutch arm needs alittle grease.
If its a rough sound maybe the thrust bearing is worn out.

Wierd as about the temperature effecting how hard it is to press...

Exactly, squeeky sound when releasing pedal and I don't know how to solve this trouble. Something similar I had in my 190E W201 before...

I don't know how and where to put grease.
:confused:

Pagz
11-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Ah k,yeh this happend to me also...its most likely the clutch thrust leaver thats causing the noise,it will be dry...there needs to be a small amount of grease on the pivot ball,the two contact surfaces either side of the thrust bearing and alittle on the tip of the slave cylinder.

You will need to remove the transmission to grease these...in the pic here you can see the thrust arm on mine...it passes left to right through the yellow bit(which is just yellow tape iv used to cover the driveshaft spline)

Its alittle hard to see but on the left is where the slave pushes,the centre has the thrust bearing and to the right is where the pivot ball is...

if you do remove the trans you may want to replace the thrust bearing or clutch and examine the dual mass flywheel for play as that could be part of your problems too.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_196_full.jpg

Cheers,
Paul

grga
11-12-2008, 12:11 PM
!!!
Trouble solved, from inside of the car!
:-)

Little bit greasing, little bit oil spraying and that's it, the only question is how long will it last...

Thank you guys for your suggestions!

Pagz
11-12-2008, 12:27 PM
lol,almost asked where the noise was coming from ^^