PDA

View Full Version : key chip has been lost

reclipse93
12-09-2008, 06:46 AM
my flip key was kinda comeing apart, i was going to superglue it back together today, well my car wouldnt start, took apart the key and somehow the chip has gone MIA now im like WTF, is it possible to bypass the chip sencor in anyway, so i dont have to spend a ton of cash for a F&^% key!!

Josh 97 C-280

Logic
12-09-2008, 07:11 AM
there is a way but the question is do you have another key? if so you can pull the chip out of the key and silicon it near the key cylinder. you have to have it close enough to where the car will start. only fall back is the car will start if some one has a key that can open your car. but thats unlikely. as a installer we get alot of cars like the 96 thru 2001 fords that when people get a remote start installed they may have one key. well those keys have a small door on them and we pull the chip out and silicon it to the imobilizer piece by the key cylinder. best way is to use silicon and hot glue.... the hot glue holds it until the silicon drys. remember you have to try starting the car and try different area to see if the car starts or not. (chip location) when you find a spot make sure you can get the sleeve put on when you put it together without smashing or moving the chip when its put together.

reclipse93
12-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the help, but the chip is Missing In Action =( dropped 200 bucks today at mercedes for a new key