PDA

View Full Version : sprint booster installed and loving it.

V1Dreamer
12-11-2008, 07:12 PM
so i got a hold of a sprint booster today from my co-worker. he told me about it a few weeks ago and said it would make a world of a difference in my throttle response and crisp up the downshifts and upshifts. at first, i was not too sure about it. but he brought it to work for me today.
i installed it in 1 minute tops. and am suprised at how much of a difference this thing made.
but it only works for the updated 2000 and up cars.

so if there is any question on if this thing works or not.
it works.... bottom line.

Nelson Lago
12-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Is it still available for purchasing

V1Dreamer
12-11-2008, 07:22 PM
my co-worker is currently getting resale prices and will let me know how much he wants to sell them for tomorrow.
ive been seeing some people here finding them pretty cheap on ebay. but dont know if the ebay ones really work.
ill post asap with the prices.

xvvvz
12-11-2008, 10:42 PM
There are models that work with pre-2000 cars but you just need to check with the company to make sure you get the right one. You need to have an electronic throttle where you can insert this inline between the electronic throttle and the connection going to the throttle body. I know you can get them for the 99 but I am not sure if you can get them for the earliest w202.

I would not be surprised if you could get something similar off of ebay that works just as well. From the discussions I have read it is basically just a signal amplifier that tweaks the signal coming from the drive by wire throttle (which really still has a throttle wire/cable). That seems like a design/concept counterfeiters in China would be ripping off by now ;)

BALLLR
12-12-2008, 04:28 AM
this sounds exciting. how bout c36's/c43's?

V1Dreamer
12-13-2008, 04:29 PM
so i spoke to my co-worker and his supplier would want too much for these things. i got mine for free so i didnt know how much they were.
they are readily available on ebay for about $300.
i dont think c36/43's have drive by wire. do they? i know that if you get a non amg booster and plug it into an amg. the car becomes almost un-driveable. (spinning tires)
so if you find one that works with your 36 or 43. make sure it is the booster for amg's

Logic
12-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by xvvvz
There are models that work with pre-2000 cars but you just need to check with the company to make sure you get the right one. You need to have an electronic throttle where you can insert this inline between the electronic throttle and the connection going to the throttle body. I know you can get them for the 99 but I am not sure if you can get them for the earliest w202.

I would not be surprised if you could get something similar off of ebay that works just as well. From the discussions I have read it is basically just a signal amplifier that tweaks the signal coming from the drive by wire throttle (which really still has a throttle wire/cable). That seems like a design/concept counterfeiters in China would be ripping off by now ;)

you say you can get them for a 99? i check the site and it said 2000 and up .... is there a model number for the 99 and are they direct wire?

ok found another site saying they will work for 99 and up

Cru328prod
12-14-2008, 10:11 PM
how about you crack yours open, so we can make are own....i think its just resistors in that thing...and if thats the case...300 dollars for 12 dollars worth of stuff one hell of a mark up...

V1Dreamer
12-14-2008, 10:49 PM
haha, i was actually thinking of doing that. but the unit is sealed and i dont want to try and pry this thing open and end up breaking it. ill tinker with it some more at work tomorrow. maby ohm out the wires and see if i can guess at whats in the box.

V1Dreamer
12-14-2008, 11:04 PM
ok, so i knew i wouldent be able to sleep if i didnt. so i went out to my car and brought the thing inside.
i got the thing open. and its not just a few resistors...
this thing has a few microchips in it and whoever is making these figured some people would try to make knockoffs because all of the chips in here are shaved so you cant see any of the numbers on them.
there are 13 resistors and 2 microchips in it....
ill try and get pictures to work on here. or if someone knows how to work the pictures on here. give me your email adress and ill send them to you.

Markland556
12-15-2008, 05:40 PM
shoot them picture to me and ill host and post them up.
xboxonly --at comcast.net