PDA

View Full Version : Weird Crazy Problem about spacers.

jnolte
12-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Hello yall.

I have this problem that is really starting to drive me insane.

Let me start from the beginning.

I needed a spacer to fit some wheels on the front of my car to clear the brake caliper. At first I thought a 15mm spacer would fit so I bought some 15mm ICHIBA spacers, they fit fine but the wheel spokes still did not clear the caliper enough. So I went to ebay and bought some 17mm spacers, I wait and wait and finally they arrive, pop them on and the spacer does not fit on the front! It goes about 3/4 of the way down the hub and then where the hub gets a little wider it hits. Theres an indentation on the inside of the spacer where it is not as wide.

So I go on ebay again and find some 18mm spacers, order them. Ask the guy if they fit both front and rear, he says yes. Got them in the mail today, and I have the same problem!

Have any of you had any trouble fitting spacers on the front of your car? These spacers work for the rear but not the front.

I might have to get the spacers milled out a little at a machine shop.

Its weird how the Ichiba ones work but the other 2 don't. The sellers say they never hear of this problem, im thinking because most people run spacers on the rear.

Any opinions?

JRE320
12-17-2008, 02:19 PM
That's the problem with spacers.
I really don't believed in spacers. :(

jnolte
12-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by JRE320
That's the problem with spacers.
I really don't believed in spacers. :(

ya its giving me a headache, so much hassle.

Logic
12-17-2008, 07:02 PM
still trying to get those dronells to fit huh?

jnolte
12-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Logic

Ya, I was just going to trash them but then I bent my front wheel that is currently on the car so I thought I'd give them another go, and its just another headache.

After searching countless forums and talking to Group5motorsport I found out you have to get a machine shop to mill out the bore of the spacer larger for the front. Even H&Rs dont fit in the front you have to get them milled. The only company that really worked for the front was ICHIBA but they dont make a big enough spacer for my application.

Called a local machine shop and I am taking them out there tomorrow.
So I got a lot to do

If this does not work out, I get to go wheel shopping

JRE320
12-18-2008, 07:54 AM
You can't get a replacement on your current wheel?
That's really sucks.. :(

OCKlasse
12-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Logic

There is a reason I didn't buy these :o