PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a pair of poly bushes for my c43

kowalski
01-14-2009, 02:28 AM
Hi guys,
yesterday I got my poly bushes from LPD autoparts.
Tom at LPD says there are only 2 bushings made, the rear ones on the front LCA, 1 bushing for each left / right side. And this is what I got, 2 bushings.
It cost me 100 $$ for 2 bushings.
(partsnumber ADUS 597)
It would have been more fun to buy the complete set of poly bushings, for front and rear axle, to stiffen up the car even more.

All of you fellas who bought these what do you say about these bushings after you've being driving for a while with your cars.
Are they superior to the OEM ones.

Is there any improvement with only 2 poly bushings and the rest is Factory OEM ones on the car.
Is this going to reduce the instability of the cars old style steering?

When I put this new poly bushing on the LCA I will also replace the front bushing too on the same arm.
But what about the balljoints are they sensitive too for wear and tear?
My European C43 AMG car is only about 60,000 miles on the speedo.
Are the Euro OEM bushings stiffer than the US specced cars?

I've changed the:
Steering damper
tires are good and so is the tire pressure, I've learned the hard way about this.
Alignment is good but I make a new one after the bushing replacement is done.

And finally are there any poly bushings for the swaybars?
I'm thinking to replace these too, in that case of no poly bushing then going with OEM ones!
Is it difficult to replace the bushings on rear axle?
Thanks for your help :)

kowalski
01-15-2009, 03:28 AM
doesn't no-one have anything positive to say about these poly bushings after driving their cars for miles?

have another question about the metal shell case.
this is supposed to be made in stainless steel,
when putting the boltkit to tighten the bushings, is the bolt and nut going to corrode when it comes in contact with the SS shell case?

Well I have another dissapointing question?
I told Tom Ta that I was a member of this community on club 202.
I red on this forum yesterday that we have 10% discount.
Well he didn't say anything about this when I placed the order a few weeks ago.
10% isn't much to argue about but I'm very dissapointed about this, that he didn't tell me.

OzC36
01-15-2009, 03:52 AM
I'm a bit like you. I bought the same poly bushes plus other new front and rear suspension parts for my C36...but I haven't installed them yet!

JRE320
01-15-2009, 08:15 AM
Next time let them know that you're from Club202 and heard that
you're entitled for a 10% discount.

kowalski
01-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by JRE320
Next time let them know that you're from Club202 and heard that
you're entitled for a 10% discount.

hi guys I thought that he would say this him self when I told Tom I'm a member of this forum.
but we all learn that we our self have to tell them about the discounts.

vinnie201
01-16-2009, 04:36 AM
I had these same bushings installed on my car this past summer, I noticed and immediate difference the second i drove the car, so much better. My stock LCA bushings were also shot to hell. the only thing is i sometimes feel the bushings squishiness wen i pull in the driveway or go over speedbumps and such, sometimes I can even hear them (when im trying to listen for it). I dont know if its just me, anybody else get that? other than the squishiness they perform well for me.

Pagz
01-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Hey,
I have some custom nolathane bushes in place of the front rear absorbtion bushes ,unless your've got way to much money theres no need to replace the others as there pretty much all solid rubber as they are,you can expect a slight increase in road noise and sharper impact on bumps,however steering,corning,stability and brake feel will be improved as the wheels are more likely to point in the direction there ment to under these conditions.

If you did want to replace the rear bushes they would all need to be custom.
as for the sway bushes they only perfomance ones iv seen come with the eibach/H&R sway kit.

Have fun =)

Denlasoul
01-16-2009, 09:31 PM
The OEM LCA fail because they are not a solid piece in the metal sleeve. It looks like a solid rubber piece with "arms" that connect it to the sleeve. They fail because of this design.

All other pieces are good. Not really necessary to replace them. Though I have heard of upper control arm problems.

kowalski
01-19-2009, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
The OEM LCA fail because they are not a solid piece in the metal sleeve. It looks like a solid rubber piece with "arms" that connect it to the sleeve. They fail because of this design.

All other pieces are good. Not really necessary to replace them. Though I have heard of upper control arm problems.

hey guys, thanx for your replies.
it feels good to know that i made a good buy and when i'll take my car out from the hybernate slumberparty this spring i'll take the car to my trusted mekanik, and have em' changed.

my car is only 80,000km about 55000 miles.
you think those rear bushings on LCA are shot?
thank you very much my friends

chimchongdlight
08-05-2012, 11:57 AM
can you send me a link to where you got ur poly bushings?

you guys are saying i dont need to replace all of them? which ones should i replace? im not sure what it looks like, but my mechanic said i'll need to change my lower control arm bushings, might as well go for the poly ones. i just want to know what i'll need to buy

kowalski
08-06-2012, 02:10 AM
these are what ya need

I have to sell my new bushings I bought new complete LCA instead

chimchongdlight
08-06-2012, 08:05 AM
How much did u want for them?