PDA

View Full Version : Engine Surging somewhere between about 40 to 65

Cru328prod
01-20-2009, 10:39 AM
UPDATE**** SDS NEVER SHOWED "LOCKED" ON TORQUE CONVERTER.

THESE ARE THE NOTES ON THE R/O

104618 ROAD TEST W/CUSTOMER, VEHICLE WARM. VERIFIED SURGING, PARKING LOT AND ROADWAY SPEEDS. ROAD TEST 1 HR LATER, VERIFIED SURGING AT PARKING LOT SPEEDS. CHECK ADAP DATA - ALL OK. CHECK FOR AIR LEAKS - NONE. ENGINE CHECK AND ADJ - DTC FOR SEC AIR INJECTION - DID NOT DIAG. R-R SPARK PLUGS - APPER OK. WIRE ENDS OK. SWAP AIR MASS SENSOR, DROVE TO CARLISLE AND BACK, NO DRIVEABLITY CONVERNS. INSTALLED OLD AIR MASS SENSOR, INSTALLED FUEL PRESSURE TEST GAUGE AND ROAD TEST W/ SDS CONNECTED. DROVE TO OLD MB BUILDING IN CAMP HILL - NO DRIVEABILITY ISSUES NOTED. NOTED TORQUE CONVERTOR NEVER SHOWED "LOCKED" DURING ROAD TEST, POSSIBLE TRANS CONTROL ISSUE. NOTED DAMAGE TO THE FRONT 02 SENSOR HARNESS AT X CONNECTOR. CHECK FOR OIL IN HARNESS, NOTED SALVAGE ENGINE INSTALLED. PREFORM DTC CLEAR. RESET ADAP DATA, RELEARN THROTTLE STOPS.

SO, HOW DO THEY KNOW A SALVAGE ENGINE INSTALLED?
WTF IS ADAP?
WHATS IF THE SDS DIDN'T SHOW "LOCKED" DURING ROAD TEST?

UPDATE

So i just got a call from my service adviser and THEY CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY ITS SURGING....he basically told me keep driving it till it craps out because it would cost a shit load for me for them to do more dinogstic.

And i take back from 45 - 60 i've even seen it around 20 and above to like 60 on light acceleration

Any ideas fellas?

I'm getting some engine surging
New MAF....not even a year old
They put in a salvage transmission, I looking threw some fourms and on a audi fourm they had a similar problem due to a torque converter.

timmyj51
01-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Be nice if you told us year/model. I can't see how the
transmission can be the cause of an engine surging.

Cru328prod
01-20-2009, 12:52 PM
C230 K 1999, and the torque converter is a big possibilty.

Fuel Pressure is OK!
just replaced the purge valve, and the pcv
like i said MAF is just a couple months old.

There was an irregular idle before, but i think the purge valve fixed that

BTW anyone been having problems with there heating, i turned it off the other day it made a loud clap by the passanger side, really weird lol...

stox
01-20-2009, 02:50 PM
I had a similar problem with my C36. It turned out that I had a cracked crossover tube.

Cru328prod
01-20-2009, 03:54 PM
On the exhaust side? I'll take a look, because dropping that transmission to look to see if its the torque converter is the last thing i want to do.

Cru328prod
01-23-2009, 01:35 PM
aNY ONE?

Logic
01-23-2009, 04:17 PM
when you bought this car how many miles did it have? from what i see you been threw alot with this car . i haven't seen half the problems with my 99 but i guess it depends on the driver :P

Cru328prod
01-23-2009, 04:38 PM
I got this car when i was 16 because my dad just had it sitting there while he was driving his fucking SL. he bought it brand new...when i got it is only had like 15,000 miles. But the thing is i replaced the motor and tranny already....they just recently put in a new transmission because the other one had metal chunks in it (btw downshifting on autos EATS YOUR TRANNY UPPPP) Its def not the MAF because the dealer tried putting in another 1...and nothing happend it still did it. The dealership can't figure out whats wrong with it...sooo that just means somthings up. I just can't belive they told me drive it till it gets worce so we can pin point it. They told me its can't be the crossover pipe because it would throw a code.......which is bullshit because i remember one time some dick wad cut me off and i had to eat curb...and it tore a half dollar size hole in it and it didn't throw off shit. it did however sound like a ricer.....which atleast made me laugh.

allirroz
01-25-2009, 05:27 AM
ck/replace spark plug wires
ck for vacuum leaks
is your CEL light on ? Is the dealer a trust a worthy one? you know nowadays they're damn lazy and full of baloney
If they replaced the MAF , wouldnt they have charged you for it? No way are they going to try a new one and not charge you for it!
Also bear in mind just because you've replaced the MAF in the past doesnt mean it hasnt gone bad again.....

Cru328prod
01-25-2009, 11:40 AM
bump**** read above