PDA

View Full Version : c32 amg brake questions

alhang
01-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Hey guys, i'm trying to assemble the parts for the brake swap and was wondering where everyone got their calipers? I've gotten a lot parts from thebenzbin.com but they don't seem to have the OEM c32 brake calipers just some model from NHT. Has anyone ever used these? They are about $500 each for the front calipers.
http://www.thebenzbin.com/parts/?N=11183+4294965428+1668+9178

I'd prefer the OEM ones because they look better but I don't want to go to the dealer if need be. I've also checked Ebay but I could only find the rear calipers. Anyway, thanks ahead of time.

SLAMMED_C
01-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Those arent even close to being right! Ive never heard of that company.. but those are for sure NOT front calipers.. all rear calipers from what I can see.
Id say check ebay.. or local wreckers. if all else fails.. get to know and be friends with a Benz tech! otherwise the dealer has them.. I dont think they cost that much more then the NHT ones you found!

C32 Brake Upgrade, All OEM Mercedes parts:
Pads- 003 420 58 20
Rotors- 203 421 09 12 x 2
Left Caliper- 002 420 19 83
Right Caliper- 002 420 20 83
Pad Sensor- 220 540 07 17.

jnolte
01-29-2009, 05:59 PM
you have to scroll farther down for the front calipers

nikrox
01-29-2009, 10:29 PM
are those all the parts and pn's to do a complete brake overhaul/upgrade?

how about the rears???

_n.

alhang
01-30-2009, 05:24 AM
Thanks slammed_c i'm calling a few local shops now and I also emailed a request to mercedesshop.com. Nikrox from all the vendors I've seen you can pickup the rear calipers, pads, and rotors anywhere. napa, benzbin, and advanceauto all stock the rears sets and they are pretty affordable too.

I'll post any prices I find.

Thanks again,

Al

alhang
01-30-2009, 11:03 AM
I got a quote of $1110 from mercedesshop.com for all the part #'s you supplied me. seems like a good deal. will see if there are any other better deals out there.

SLAMMED_C
01-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by nikrox
are those all the parts and pn's to do a complete brake overhaul/upgrade?

how about the rears???

_n.
Yes, the part numbers and parts I quoted are for the C32 complete brake upgrade.. front only.
I dont have any P/N for rear upgrades.. sorry.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jnolte
you have to scroll farther down for the front calipers
These Calipers????

http://www.thebenzbin.com/parts/images/prodimage/thumbs/nht_calipers/Red-Caliper.jpg

they look like front calipers from my car.. just painted red!! I didnt see any other C32 Calipers on that web site.

alhang
01-30-2009, 11:26 PM
I got a price of $195 each plus a $65 core charge from advance auto parts for the following rebuilt calipers. the weird thing is they had rotors for $400 each.

Front Right
w/o Sport Pkg.
OE Metal Piston;First Source -Call For Avail. 19-3162
Front Left
w/o Sport Pkg.
OE Metal Piston;First Source -Call For Avail. 19-3163

there was also a shipping charge since they had to be shipped from germany, but the price is still about half a new one.

odj
02-09-2009, 07:01 PM
What's the benefit to the c32 brakes over the c43 brakes? Bigger? Cheaper to replace the rotors??

Also, who makes stainless braided lines for our cars?

C230mercman
03-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by odj
What's the benefit to the c32 brakes over the c43 brakes? Bigger? Cheaper to replace the rotors??

Also, who makes stainless braided lines for our cars?

What i wish to know is the part number listed for the C32 calipers at the beggining of this thread, has anyone had any problems, or needed to carry out any modifications to get them fitted perfect ?
I have had 2 sets of Brembo Mercedes calipers fitted to my '99' C230 from two other model Mercs and not had much luck with the positioniing over the rotors

I believe that AMG w202 C43 brake rotors are sided which also means vented in only one direction for maximum performance. w203 C32 brake rotors have the drilled style face and retail a hell of a lot cheaper, they are same part fitted as part of a SPORT package on the clk w203 and late w209 here in the UK.

'Goodridge' braided stainless lines fitted with the BREMBO / C32 calipers are a great upgrade and money well spent and the diferrence is clearly noticeable.
:mad:

odj
03-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by C230mercman
What i wish to know is the part number listed for the C32 calipers at the beggining of this thread, has anyone had any problems, or needed to carry out any modifications to get them fitted perfect ?
I have had 2 sets of Brembo Mercedes calipers fitted to my '99' C230 from two other model Mercs and not had much luck with the positioniing over the rotors

I believe that AMG w202 C43 brake rotors are sided which also means vented in only one direction for maximum performance. w203 C32 brake rotors have the drilled style face and retail a hell of a lot cheaper, they are same part fitted as part of a SPORT package on the clk w203 and late w209 here in the UK.

'Goodridge' braided stainless lines fitted with the BREMBO / C32 calipers are a great upgrade and money well spent and the diferrence is clearly noticeable.
:mad:

Thank you :)