PDA

View Full Version : Little trouble after cluster led conversion...

grga
02-06-2009, 12:49 PM
So, SRS light is on for about one minute after I start the car. Is it something which could be solved by CPU reset or I have to live with that?
It turns off after approx one minute and that's it. Right after I start the engine it turns off for a second and then it came on and stays like that for a minute...

Strange if you ask me.

stox
02-08-2009, 12:55 PM
This means that an SRS event has been recorded, but is no longer active. It can be reset, but only with a scanner designed to do so, or a STAR diagnostic unit. Disconnecting the battery will not do it.

grga
02-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by stox
This means that an SRS event has been recorded, but is no longer active. It can be reset, but only with a scanner designed to do so, or a STAR diagnostic unit. Disconnecting the battery will not do it.

So, you claim that it is actually fixable. I have access to Bosch KTS diagnostic tool, what do you think, is it good enough to reset that?

stox
02-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by grga
So, you claim that it is actually fixable. I have access to Bosch KTS diagnostic tool, what do you think, is it good enough to reset that?

I have no idea if a Bosch KTS will perform the function. Give it a try and find out. Otherwise, find someone with a STAR, or some other unit that will.

grga
02-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Yes, Bosch KTS540 actually solved my little troubles, SRS light works properly after deleting errors.

Markland556
03-31-2009, 08:44 AM
Its because you turned the key while you had the cluster out... I guarantee it. Iv done it many times.. :p
Simple OBD2 scanner can clear it.. I think.. I used my dads full on MB diag tool :D