PDA

View Full Version : 99 C280 odd not starting problem

snead888
03-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Ok, so this is a sporadic thing. When I open the door nothing turn on. No dashboard lights, no interior lights, and the key won't turn. No electrical power. I checked the fuses under the hood and they were good. The trunk won't open. I've checked the battery when it was working and the connections are tight. I also cannot lock or unlock it. i can only manually lock and unlock all the doors but the drivers door. Tried all of the keys and it doesn't work. Any ideas as to the problem?

1SIKBNZ
03-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Sounds like dead batt...you try turning on headlights?

snead888
03-03-2009, 05:07 PM
nothing electronic working, no lights. battery is fine and is barely a year old. already took it to two shops they cannot figure it out because it was working when I took it.

1SIKBNZ
03-03-2009, 05:52 PM
how do you know its fine if you cant open the trunk...? do you have aftermarkt stereo? possible wiring draw? or alternator failure?

Logic
03-03-2009, 06:48 PM
even tho the battery tests fine doesnt mean the car is getting power. if you have a meter check to see if you are getting power at the fuse box. or if you have a jump start post in the engine compartment check to see if there is 12volts present. top many times i see cars come in with starting issues or after a amp install they say the have battery issues when it turns to be that they have corrison on the terminal , lose ground on battery , or some bad connection. check these to see what results you come out with.

snead888
03-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Since its an off and on problem I was able to get the battery checked. stock stereo. wiring I could definitely see as he problem.I doubt its the alternator unless that somehow controls everything electronic and without starting the car it works again.

snead888
03-04-2009, 06:02 AM
Well, for some reason I didn't see your post Logic, but either way my car was 30 min from my house so couldn't really check anyway.But I got it towed to the shop, and while it was being towed it hit a bump and the alarm went off so it as getting power. and then they tried it at the shop as soon as the tow guy got there and it worked. So they are looking at that now so hopefully i'll figure it out soon and tel yall.