PDA

View Full Version : Diy Cai

C230KSPORT00
03-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Hey guys, Ive been wanting an Intake for a while now. I know Im not gonna get much HP from it. Im really looking for that little bit of SC whine and how ever many ponies I get, even if its very little. Would you guys be able to help me out with a custom CAI? What parts would I need? Would I get them at a local autoshop or online? Please help! Thanks! :D

lamf
03-11-2009, 08:19 PM
unless you wanna spend $1000 on a pure beautiful authentic GruppeM intake leave it be. And you will not get a SC whine from a CAI????

c280nz
03-11-2009, 08:53 PM
www.siliconeintakes.com
they have a huge range of parts and you could probebly build one up. an yea it might increase ur supercharger whine but no promises

anf6789
03-11-2009, 09:20 PM
thats where i got some stuff for my intake that i am building. And yes you will get more supercharger whine, alot more. And it will sound awesome!

lamf
03-11-2009, 09:39 PM
ohhhhhh hahaha i thought you had a c280 my bad

C230KSPORT00
03-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Sweet thanks guys. Could you guys tell me what parts I would need? And would I have to box it off from the rest of the engine bay or would I have to get a 90 degree bend to extend it down to the bumper? Also, wouldn't I need some kind of bypass just in case of water? Thanks again guys! :D

Logic
03-12-2009, 06:28 PM
i know i have told you that i could do this for you and as of now i m still waitng for my other side to get done.. i dont think he has gotten his welder done and dont wanna get your expectations up if i can get one done. since the youtube video i have at least 20 requests for these and if i had the resources i would have a company make them but they require at least a 100 made minimum and not sure what they price would be but i hope you find on what you are looking for and if i can help with it just ask i think i still have your phone number and if i recall you have mine... good luck

C230KSPORT00
03-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Logic
i know i have told you that i could do this for you and as of now i m still waitng for my other side to get done.. i dont think he has gotten his welder done and dont wanna get your expectations up if i can get one done. since the youtube video i have at least 20 requests for these and if i had the resources i would have a company make them but they require at least a 100 made minimum and not sure what they price would be but i hope you find on what you are looking for and if i can help with it just ask i think i still have your phone number and if i recall you have mine... good luck Yea man I would love to get the same one you have made for me. Im willing to pay the same price but I mean I kinda want one in the near future. Have you talked to you guy recently?? Its been like a year and a half when we first started talking about getting the CAI done. Would you be able to get me a list of the parts I would need so if I decide to try to do this myself I can get it as close to yours?? Thanks man :D

anf6789
03-13-2009, 04:58 AM
mine is going to be routed into the bumper

Logic
03-14-2009, 06:15 AM
i haven't really called him since its still winter over here but the weather is strange. its been in the 70's over here and we are in March !!!! i might give him a jingle here soon to see what his situation is and maybe ill give you call and tell you whats going on but until then let me take some closer pictures so you can see the shape of the pipe and maybe you can get a idea . from what i can see it doesnt look complicated but the tricky part of it will be the bypass wheater you decide to weld it on the pipe or just throw a air filter on it.

C230KSPORT00
03-14-2009, 12:35 PM
That sounds great man, I really appreciate your help :D

mike mac
03-17-2009, 11:57 PM
I originally built and replaced the whole plastic intake that went over the motor and deleted the box. i was having issues with it because of the studs sticking out of the block so the the stock intake can be bolted down. i had to go over that to clear the hood. i drilled hole into the intake so it would rest over the studs( didnt cut them just incase i wanted to switch back to stock) then I used that Black silicon from mercedes( they use it for everything, they use it for sealing, some gaskets and its heat resistant.
i sealed it up like that. when i had to service the car for sparks and all that good stuff i would have to rip it off, and glue it back when im done and wait till it dries.

i ended up switching the top intake ( the one over the motor) to stock... after the MAF is where my intake starts with the intake valve( prevents some/ most hydrolocking) and the rest of the intake through the bumper.

the flaw agian here is i have to take the wheel off and all the inner moldings to get to it.

im thinking of another way to modify it.

i originally put my intake throught the bumper because its where the Virgin air is, not your hot air under your hood.

so now im thinking to somehow make a heat sheald and have my filter exactly where the airbox was. i still would have air coming in though the grill and that little ducting.

Markland556
03-31-2009, 01:05 AM
There is another thread in here somwhere that has a bit more info and some pictures. I did mine. The filter is down in the bumper. I just bought 2 aluminum tubes off ebay and some rubber couplers and it works great. But it does have that kinda boost sound when you get on it. And it use to make a high pitched whistle around 2500rpm.

Im still happy with it, it sounds pretty bad ass when I get on it. ;)
C36