PDA

View Full Version : mechanical key

RockyinNJ
03-14-2009, 12:50 PM
anyone knows where I can get a new mechanical key? I broke mine today trying to open trunk. The battery is dead so I had to try the key. I was able to get the broken piece out of the lock. The FOB works fine. I need to open this trunk. Oh the lock on the trunk is in the 1 position but for some reason the trunck still will not open when I push the lock in for the trunck to pop opened.

Thanks

Fred Hayward
03-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Try a Locksmith !!

xvvvz
03-15-2009, 09:05 AM
You have to jump/power up the electrical system via the connector under the hood, then your fob will work to open the trunk. Do a search. It has been discussed many times here. I put up pictures somewhere.

You can go to the stealership and get them to order a new blade. I think you can also order a blank blade from the parts department to take to another shop although not every shop can cut these, especially since it sounds like you don't have a duplicate to give them to use as the pattern.

RockyinNJ
03-19-2009, 06:42 AM
Yes I was able to jump start the car from under the hood. BUt the problem is the truck will not open from the FOB or the trunk release button from inside the car because I had open the trunk with the mechancial key before the battery went dead.

I can hear the motor in the truck trying to open when the car is running but still will not pop open.

I have fold down back seats that is locked in place. I don't know how else to open the trunk.

mykg4orce
03-19-2009, 02:39 PM
the dealership can have a new key for for about $25 (thats what i paid up here in canada)

mike mac
04-07-2009, 05:35 PM
idk if the car was yours for a long time ir if you just bouaght it and are repiaring it, but there is a posibility the lock was replaced with another lock from a junk yard and your missing the key. the previous owner propably never thought about needing access to the battery and just used the interior trunk opener to open the trunk. you may not have all the keys.

you may have a diff ignition changed out from at junk car too

its all possible, its an older car and the ignitions go and arent cheap at the stealership.

your car may have this option, but you may have foldable seats, if you do, your in luck. get through them, hook your booster pack or jumper cables up and use the button to open the trunk. once you have that done. your golden to do what you wish with the car.

hope this helps