PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on the intake for a kompressor

Logic
04-08-2009, 06:02 PM
like everyone knows i had a intake built by my friend Chris, numerous times i had ask him if he could have others built for other members asking for them and with no success . Well since i got tired of waiting for him to finish my other side i asked another one of my friends who owns a 4x4 specialty shop which deals with banks systems turbo upgrades and suspensions etc etc. i went there to day just to see a friend of mine and was showing him the intake that was built. well to make a long story short. he said he will finish the left side for me. he ran some numbers for that which consist of some coupers, clamps, and stainless steel tubing and we estimate maybe 200 bucks to match the other side. thats with labor to weld the pipes installed. when this gets done i will have him price out a whole complete intake having him create a jig to make the other side. when i get some numbers together ill will let you guys who have been interested in the past to see if its worth doing. As prices for everything are going up i will see if any of you may still want one....
if i can get a maybe a hand full of guys maybe he can do then for less ...

Logic
04-09-2009, 10:41 AM
so far i have maybe 2 interested in this... he would like to do at least 5 , the more he makes the price will go down since he can buy things in bulk. i plan to call him maybe this saturday and have him give a quick quote on this since he needs to see what parts cost etc . etc.

C230KSPORT00
04-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Im in for one Logic :D

Logic
04-09-2009, 11:38 AM
ok ...cool i hope this price doesnt get crazy so others like you can enjoy the performace and sound i love :D

jabu
04-14-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm in for sure!!!

C230KSPORT00
04-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Hey Logic. Any word on these CAIs? I found a local shop that mightg be able to make me a Custom Intake but I still have to drive down there to see. I would definitley rather have your intake though. Let me know please :D

Don
04-29-2009, 06:37 AM
Could you make a picture of the intake for the kompressor you are building.

Sounds quite interesting.
cheers

C230KSPORT00
04-29-2009, 07:15 AM
Go on youtube and search w202 cai. He has a couple videos up there with sound and all.

Don
04-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Yeah, this is awesome!! But how do they clean the air, the engine soaks? I can see no air intake filter.

Unfortunatelly in Germany, stuff like this would never be possible... :-(

I should produce such an intake and hide it somewhere, maybe at the air intake filter box.

But it is also quite interesting to have these metalic tubes for air intake. Should help to reduce the swirl effect with standard air intake...

Let´s see what i can do...

C230KSPORT00
04-29-2009, 04:48 PM
The piping for the intake goes all the way down to the bumper so it can get the straight cold air from outside not like most intakes where they tend to suck in hot air from the engine bay. Unless they're boxed off ofcourse..

Logic
04-29-2009, 07:29 PM
hey, i wont be getting my intake done until mid part of may, i m not sure what any prices are but this other place what are they charging ? what does it include ? and do they have pictures that i can see?

C230KSPORT00
05-03-2009, 11:57 AM
I still havent gotten around to driving down there to ask them, but Ill be sure to let you know. Is your guy definitely gonna be able to make us some intakes or is it still up in the air? If so, when would we be able to get some? Thanks

C230KSPORT00
05-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Hey Logic. I PM you about the intake.