PDA

View Full Version : Guestion to anyone who got a w220 ?

Merzc22
04-26-2009, 07:06 PM
i have a 2000 S500 and the air suspension has droped to low i haved been trying to raise the car up but it wont raise up to normal level has anyone had these problem before ? if you did how did you fix these problem ?

RemoLexi
04-26-2009, 09:06 PM
new pump or strut

stox
04-27-2009, 05:44 AM
Nice thing about the W220, it comes with a free lowering kit.

benztec
05-04-2009, 08:14 AM
check the large 40a fuses in the front fuse boxes. if one is blown its prob. for the pump. the pump is most likely bad, very very common on those cars. those early 220's are a nightmare with some miles on them. the pump isn't cheap either. i would sell that thing as fast as possible because parts prices are climbing fast with the w221 being out for a few years now.

SLAMMED_C
05-04-2009, 07:19 PM
you could have a number of issues..
1. the front struts at the top have lines going into it.. that brass fitting is known to leak. the top valves need to be replaced. but its not really a DIY repair.
2. the pump burns out because the relay for the pump sticks and causes the pump to run on causing it to fry and burn out. so you replace the pump, and the relay.
3. I believe there is a valve block for the struts.. line comes off the pump, goes to the valve block and then is distributed to each strut. the valve block can leak, new valve block needed.
4. the actual strut itself can leak internally. new strut needed.