PDA

View Full Version : intercooler spray bar

koepfsm
05-19-2009, 11:00 PM
I was wondering if any has used and intercooler spray bar and if so if there was any effects good or bad

mazdalowandslow
05-20-2009, 05:20 AM
There better for vehicals with turbos, sence the turbo makes so much heat. Unless your pushing high volumes of boost with your supercharger , I dont find you will have any benfit with a cooler.

c280nz
05-20-2009, 12:23 PM
yea mazda is correct,
if you had a pulley kit to up boost it would be more benefical,
not saying it wont help standard, i just dont know if the gains in standard form would equal the time/effort

Pagz
05-20-2009, 12:31 PM
agreed I think gains would be very small on the stock setup

Cru328prod
05-20-2009, 03:16 PM
WASTE OF MONEY IF YOU HAVE A 230K.......For the money get a NOS setup sammmmmmmmmmme fawking price as the cooling shit

RemoLexi
05-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Cru328prod
WASTE OF MONEY IF YOU HAVE A 230K.......For the money get a NOS setup sammmmmmmmmmme fawking price as the cooling shit

didnt u blow your engine with NOS ?

Cru328prod
05-20-2009, 11:10 PM
hmmmm not sure what happened, engine didn't blow! Dude i hydrolock that engine and stillllll got it to start, it knocks like a mother fawker...but it started

The nos solenoid kinda got stuck (never buy used), managed to freeze from the T-body down to the MAF, f-up the MAF sensor...which was the reason why it ran like shitttttttttttttt and didn't want to start the next day. Somthing cause the seal on the drive shaft to blow, thus draining all the fluids..which also caused the grinding noise lmfao...which is why i had to do a tranny swap

Pagz
05-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Cru328prod
hmmmm not sure what happened, engine didn't blow! Dude i hydrolock that engine and stillllll got it to start, it knocks like a mother fawker...but it started

The nos solenoid kinda got stuck (never buy used), managed to freeze from the T-body down to the MAF, f-up the MAF sensor...which was the reason why it ran like shitttttttttttttt and didn't want to start the next day. Somthing cause the seal on the drive shaft to blow, thus draining all the fluids..which also caused the grinding noise lmfao...which is why i had to do a tranny swap

Awsome,lol

c280nz
05-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by 23K
Awsome,lol
haha yea i was laughing as i read it,
and i though i was good at wrecking stuff

Cru328prod
05-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Lmao yeah those were some good times. Sure taught me alot on troubleshoot and fixing problems with the merc. Now it's all about getting it back to stock, fixing it up getting ready for the summer...thinking about that I need to do a radiator flush. But yeah that intercooler spray is a big waste....you won't gain much. You'll have have to run lines, wires, and connect switches etc to gain maybe like 10hp.