PDA

View Full Version : Changing the Battery

mbLova
07-16-2009, 07:59 AM
Any precautions need to be taken when changing the batter?

hvmercy
07-16-2009, 08:08 AM
position yourself very well so you won't hurt your back,
these batteries are heavy :)

benzinoc230
07-16-2009, 04:11 PM
Ive heard of issues with the stock radio not working, some issues with the dash. Dont know why though.

nikrox
07-16-2009, 05:25 PM
your windows and autolock will prob also need to be reset....but thats after you install a new battery

_n.

hatuey917
07-16-2009, 09:24 PM
I did buy my car with a battery with a decent lifetime,after the second winter season it died,went to the stealership and the asked for almost $300 to change it(six month ago).
I did wonder how to bypass the things such as radio code if i'd decide to do it by myself.
Refusing to pay that amount of money for that job..One day went back to the stealership bought the battery $140,came back to the car at the parking lot,i turned the car on,unbolted the old one and placed the new one & bolted it,it was flawless,no books needed,no codes.
Advice:Just make sure to connect the hose..

stox
07-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by hatuey917
I did buy my car with a battery with a decent lifetime,after the second winter season it died,went to the stealership and the asked for almost $300 to change it(six month ago).
I did wonder how to bypass the things such as radio code if i'd decide to do it by myself.
Refusing to pay that amount of money for that job..One day went back to the stealership bought the battery $140,came back to the car at the parking lot,i turned the car on,unbolted the old one and placed the new one & bolted it,it was flawless,no books needed,no codes.
Advice:Just make sure to connect the hose..

Ouch, you could have gone to a local auto parts store and picked up a Johnson Controls battery for $89 installed.

mbLova
07-18-2009, 01:00 PM
yup, everything went without a hitch!