PDA

View Full Version : No fluid in my transmission Pan ????

Heinz
07-28-2009, 02:16 PM
hey everyone!

Today, I popped the hood and checked the the transmission oil level.

As soon as I got the dipstick to the end of the tube... then pulled it out... I noticed nothing on the tip of the dipstick wtf :ermm:

where did my trans fluid go ???

I've been driving it for a while omg... I have been noticing shifting problems as well and horse power loss, could this be the reason ??

Thanks for reading

SLAMMED_C
07-29-2009, 07:46 PM
where did you get a dipstick from for the trans?? the 722.6 trannies dont have a dipstick.. just a cap with a lock on the tube.
but if you are having some shifting issues, you probably have low fluid level in your transmission.
check the trans electrical plug at the right front corner of the trans pan area. it is most likely leaking. if it is leaking.. you need a new one. its a very common issue with the 722.6 transmisisons.
if you are having loss of power.. slipping trans? maybe get it looked at asap!!

Cru328prod
08-14-2009, 06:06 PM
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAHAHAHA I REMEMBER I USED THE OIL DIPSTICK ONCE AND DID THE SAME THING.....I WAS FLIPPING OUT LIKE WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.... lol its soo dumb you have to buy the "tool" to check your transmission fluid

OzC36
08-21-2009, 07:23 AM
Did you check the transmission oil level with the engine running or stopped...and, with the transmission in D or N?