PDA

View Full Version : Headliner....

benzinoc230
08-14-2009, 12:17 PM
I need help W202 fam..
Ive done some searches on how to remove the headliner and cant find what I need. I would like some pics so I dont break anything or a step-by-step at best.
If anyone has any pics or a tutorial, I would greatly appreciate it!

Pagz
08-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Sorry dont have a step by step,in this order you need to remove the front passenger seat,rear seats,rear parcel tray,all pillar covers,handles and lights from the roof liner.

the roof liner is easy to damage,i also had to remove the lower part of my centre console as its a tight fit getting it out the front passenger door.

Cheers,
Paul

adamsry
08-19-2009, 07:40 AM
The head liner is a bit of a bear, the front A Pillars will simply snap off there is if memory serves me 2 or 3 clips. PRIOR TO REMOVING SEATS OPEN THE SUN ROOF. Remove the front seats and rear lower seat. Make sure you don't turn your car on after doing this or you will trigger a SRS code. ( I did this cost me 150 at the dealer to clear the code) the rear upper back rest and rear head rest if equipped will need to be removed. The rear parcel shelf / deck will need to be removed and its a good time to use some silicone glue and secure the little plastic grommets used for securing the deck wires these little bastards were the source of some of the in car noises that took me months to find. The rear C pillars can now be removed with the parcel shelf out. The B pillars are now accessible you can remove the inner felt covered door jam gasket and be able to see the clips that secure these. The clips are very firm and pretty much just yank the crap out of them and they will pop off. The head liner is almost ready. Remove front vanity mirrors, upper handles, and rear clothing hooks. the rear portion of the head liner is affixed to the ceiling with a velcro mesh material and 2 "C" hooks . As is said prior you should have the sun roof open there is a channel clip towards the front of the car and 2 hex head screws that need to me removed these are accessible from the top side of the car. The only thing that should be keeping the roof liner in is the center light / sun roof control module thingie ma bobber ( remove it ) the front portion of the head liner will sag now push the roof liner to the rear of the car as this will detach the roof liner from the rear c clips. the liner should drop. Whew almost done. Its obvious that this was installed when the windshield was not in the car so it will take some cussing and patience to not screw the panel up as you slightly bend the roof liner into a U shape and wiggle it through the passenger side door ( don't attempt the drivers side the steering wheel gets in the way ) The roof liner is made of some kinda wooden fiber board and is relatively flexible but be careful. I have done this in two 202's this is a good time if your vehicle did not have the glass moon roof to install it and if you have any dynamat you can put it on the ceiling ( things i did ) Hope this is helpful all the details on seat removal, rear deck head rests are all in the forums here and i will tell you the head rests if so equipped are an absolute mother to get out the first one that is once u figure out the trick the second one comes out in 2 seconds LOL