PDA

View Full Version : hood realease lever problem

Green Lantern
09-13-2009, 03:53 PM
hey guys got a problem with my moms car...1994 C280

trying to pull on the giant ass red lever to pop the hood but it doesnt pop up, i even tried pulling the cable behind it and no avail.

also tried to pull the hood latch from the grill but also nothing, tried to push down on the hood thinking maybe its not closed properly or something...no avail.

can anyone shed some light on my problem?? thanks guys.

-Joe

NW_Merc
09-14-2009, 09:22 AM
The cable release has most probably snapped.

Green Lantern
09-14-2009, 02:59 PM
How can I fix this if that's true?

vinnie201
09-14-2009, 08:22 PM
does the cable pul at all? if it snapped i'd imagine it would pull out? the red lever can be unscrewed off by pulling the handle and looking for the screws from underneath. try lining up the cable peg again on the lever wen its off, screw it back in, and try. or get pliers and pull on the cable itself. u dont have to be the incredible hulk with it but put some muscle behind it. other than that i dunno.

Green Lantern
09-17-2009, 08:50 PM
ok does anyone have a way to get the hood open at least? i think the cable may have snagged onto something.

Markland556
09-21-2009, 12:24 PM
It is a pain to do on these cars. you need to get a hook tool or a coat hanger with the hook in the end and try to get the little latch under there..

On second thought there is a plastic piece covering it..

Take it to a shop and ask them, Im sure you can slide a tech $20 and get it opened, then just figure out whats going on..