PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Rewiring Problem

hario
09-14-2009, 07:21 PM
I own a 96 C200, and I've been having problems with my idle. Sometimes it would jump up and down, etc.

The whole wiring harness has been replaced, so there is no wiring harness issues.

Finally, I sorted out the problem, and it leads me to the throttle body harness assembly. I opened up the throttle body, and the wiring insulation was shot, so I rewire the throttle body.

After the rewiring, the problem got even worse, the car cannot idle anymore, it revs all the way to the 4000rpm idle rev cutoff.

I checked everything, even the process, the pinout, etc. I still can't find the problems. Anybody has any ideas what's going on here? Or, if you have any complete wiring diagram for the throttle body? or maybe, if someone is kind enough to open the throttle body, and take pictures of the wiring inside, or even helping me looking at your pinout, in case I made some mistakes on tracing the wires.

Thanks.

vinnie201
09-14-2009, 08:13 PM
mite as well drop the dough on an updated throttlebody, it sucks but you alredy bought the engine harness so why skimp on the throttlebody? i have a haynes manual i will check to see if they have anything of the throttle wiring, but i wouldnt count on it. I kno how ya feel tho my car isnt running and my engine wiring harness is shot. it sucks, i will check for ya tho...

EDIT: sorry haynes didnt have anything that specific, u may want to check subscriber services like alldatadiy.com, they mite have some info

hario
09-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Well, the problem is that I'm not in the US, otherwise that would be easy to do that.

The wiring harness was replaced by the original owner, so I got the like in this condition.

What I'm trying to find out is the "correct" wiring pinout for the throttle body, cause I "suspect" that I did it wrongly when I analyze the connection.

If, anybody can help me with the wiring schematic of the throttle body, that would help me very much, it is hard to find a reliable documentations here.

Thank you :)

xvvvz
09-15-2009, 06:09 PM
You might want to post to MBuk.org or whatever the UK site is because they had that model there. Most here are from the U.S., so they can't help you out with pictures of that specific model. Also, post an email in case there is anyone who might have something to send to you.

hario
09-16-2009, 12:56 AM
Ah I see, good thinking :) thank you for the advise. This is my email by the way, just in case: hariohoedojo@hotmail.com

strictlyspeakin
09-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Probably not helpful, but here for the us 96 m111 engine:
pins on throttle -> HFM-SFI control module
8 -> 26
7 -> 6
6 -> 34
5 -> ground
4 -> 4
3 -> 18
2 -> 7
1 - > 39

M16/6r2 Drive actual value potentiometer
M16/6r1 Throttle valve actual value potentiometer

hario
09-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Thank you strict, is the US M111 throttle body is the same with the non-US M111? Mine is still using the PMS system I guess.

And, I don't understand the last 2 lines about the potensiometer etc. can you please elaborate on it, thank you.

Alexander

strictlyspeakin
09-28-2009, 07:45 PM
I don't have the answer to the non-us vs us version. If I were to guess, it would be that the answer is yes. I think it's easier to modify software and cc's that it is to support different wiring and parts while building. But that's just an uneducated statement.

I was reading a wiring diagram. I saw that there were 2 potentiometers in the throttle body. I figured that if you did the wiring correctly, (I'd suspect you did), then they might come into play.

I'll send you an email in a minute so you can take a look.

hario
09-30-2009, 06:44 AM
Ah I see now what you mean by that.

The strange thing is, I got the wiring diagram from diakom.ru and almost all the wiring number is the same, just the wiring for the motor is reversed.

And, the wiring diagram numbering is not the same with mine, that's too bad.

Did you happen to have the euro-spec C200 M111 wiring diagram? Cause I'm searching everywhere, and can't find any.

Thank you again.

Alexander

strictlyspeakin
10-01-2009, 06:26 PM
The motor is wired backwards huh?
Well you Brits do also drive on the wrong side of the road. maybe that explains it...lol.

No I'm sorry but I don't.

Maybe they can point you in the right direction. http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/

Also check if you knocked any vacuum lines off. Just a thought.

Majluck
06-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Hi Hario does your m111 use a pms module then if so send me your email address I have the wiring diagram for the model that uses a pms it bears eight wires that connect to the throttle body whereby if these wires are meshedup the engine cannot idle at all times since these wires carry signals and current.