PDA

View Full Version : Broken crossover pipe

Markland556
10-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Well my crossover pipe on the 36 broke at the inlet a while back. The plastic is just so brittle and my CAI was just putting more tension on it pulling it down.
Now im looking for anyone that has replaced it with anything else. I am thinking about having a custom aluminum one made, but I really dont want to pour that much money into something like that.

I have been thinking about repairing it, but its cracking too and just wont last much longer....

Anyone have any ideas? Its going to be the final puzzle piece to having my car back to running condition.

Logic
10-11-2009, 03:30 PM
time to get that piece replaced with a custom stainless one. take it to some one who knows how to mandrel bend the thing and make the whole intake custom :D

OCKlasse
10-11-2009, 06:53 PM
When I ran a 3" crossover pipe on my 202, I noticed a tremendous boost in throttle response. Just be careful because space is tight right there...

BALLLR
10-13-2009, 02:50 PM
It wouldnt permanently solve your problem, but i know lamf is selling one from his c36.

SLAMMED_C
10-13-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
When I ran a 3" crossover pipe on my 202, I noticed a tremendous boost in throttle response. Just be careful because space is tight right there...
you got any pics of the set up you had?

OCKlasse
10-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
you got any pics of the set up you had?

I did way back in the day, but I think the pics are lost to time. Don't you remember my CAI thread from like 3 years ago?

Markland556
10-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Your pics are still on here somewhere. I saw them when I was looking around for pics of other peoples stuff.

SLAMMED_C
10-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
I did way back in the day, but I think the pics are lost to time. Don't you remember my CAI thread from like 3 years ago?
No I dont recall it at all.