PDA

View Full Version : Omg

Logic
10-14-2009, 09:11 PM
i was driving home tonight and as i m on the highway going about 65 mph i hear a loud sound like i just hit something. remind you this is at 9:15 pm well i was in the outer lane luckly and was able to pull over quickly. As i walk out totally shocked i look around the car and the left rear tire had a blow out... well i just happen to have some tools from work in my car to do a install of a remote start for a family member , tool included a flash light thank god. well looking at the wheel i seen some damage on the inner bumper fender where the tire rubbed to a point it was white...thats not bad since i can touch that up. the outer fender there is a minor scratch on the outer where i can buff that out . i also had some very minor scratchs on the outer wheel lip and it being stainless its not bad and can live with . i could have been worse. well lucky for us the jack for a car make it easy to change a tire, but being at night with cars zooming by you made this pretty scary . i seen those clips where people get hit by on coming traffic. well get the wheel off and go to get the spare. the trunk liner in my car tucks under the fiber glass enclosure on the left and amp rack on the right which made it a little hard to lift out . so i was able to get one side to release. again trying to do this at night. lucky i put the factory bolts in the trunk to put the factory wheel on. well i found 3 of the 5 bolts . wth where are the other 2. well about 15 minutes later i found them behind the battery . must have slid there. all in all i was lucky not to get more damage then i did. got home and found out i had a screw in the dead center of the tire. i got it from driving my car into the bay to load my tools. so basically the tire was leaking air quick to the point of a flat and caused the inner of the tire to completely destroy it self. i feel some body was looking out for me tonight since i tend to be a lead foot and in this case i was able to control the car and prevent any serious damage or accident. :confused:

Denlasoul
10-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Glad you're safe.

That happened to me one time a few winters ago. Tire blew at around 70mph started fraying and smoking. Crazy.

Logic
10-23-2009, 12:47 PM
ok i had the tire put on today since it had to be ordered and finally get it installed and the guy installing the wheel dents the stainless steel lip :confused: well here is the worse thing as the wheels i have are discontinued and are not made any more so now i m searching for a wheel to replace it. he offered a hundred bucks but i want a wheel. they are new and i m anal like that i guess. but i checked everywhere and cant find it. discount tire installed them and i m not sure if the lip can be replaced but ill see what happens :bored:

Cru328prod
11-02-2009, 09:37 PM
thats crazy bro, glad your safe hope the kids wasn't in the car....i'm getting my brabus reps repaired friday theres a guy who does rim repair really good about 1hr from me...its leaking like 10psi a day...getting my spare tire put on tommarow

OzC36
11-16-2009, 03:03 AM
It is not every car that you can have a blow-out at 65 mph and find the car to be completely controllable (and perhaps not even realize that you have had a blow-out)!

You owe the Mercedes engineers a beer!