PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Refinishing

c36ryder
01-31-2003, 04:58 PM
Anyone here get their bumpers re-painted? Mine has hundreds of little stone chips which are not noticeable from a distance, but up close you can definitely see them. I think it also helps that my car is silver. If it was black, like my previous car, I'm sure it will be a lot more noticeable even from a distance.
Any recommendations on a shop that will do this kind of thing and a have a fairly quick turn around (same day)?
I heard of Dentmasters, but I'm not sure how good they are at color matching.

nokia8860
01-31-2003, 05:03 PM
Contact your local dealers. They have mobile painters that visit them almost 1 once a week. They perform on the spot paint. Mainly front bumpers and touch ups to bring back the used cars to a presentable state.

Dealers use these guys constantly and more than likely if others have bought used cars on lots before they probably have been "touched" by these portable painters.

Some of them will even visit your place of business and paint your bumper while you work. Prices varies but I've asked about 1 year ago and he said 120USD. Not bad considering that the bumper will probably end up chip'd again through regular use.

Rincewind
02-09-2003, 04:03 AM
I have a similar problem with my bumpers. Well, the previous owner did. I havent actually caused any such damage :)

My front bumper underneath everything is kinda scuffed up and my rear bumper has 2 noticable stone chips. Was thinking about using that professional ink pen that MB recommends, but decided to wait on it.

Let me know how that mobile painter stuff works out with the dealer.

include before/after pics if you could :D