PDA

View Full Version : Finally

marksbenz
10-07-2003, 06:09 AM
Im finally getting my C lowered. Im going to be using #2 pads all around. Im running 17x8 35mm 215/45/17 on all fours. I was wondering if im going to have any rubbing. Thanks in advance.

Mark:)

MrSpace
10-07-2003, 06:44 AM
I wouldn't think so

many here have #1/#2 with 18" and no rub

post pics!!!

Etienne

jnolte
10-07-2003, 11:16 AM
No you shouldent rub, I have H&Rs and they are cut for a total of a 3 inch drop. I have #2 pads front and #3 pads rear. I am running 225/40/18 font and 255/35/18 out back. I have no rub except when i turn very sharp. I just got some nasty neg camber

98_Benzo
10-07-2003, 11:31 AM
Im finally getting my C lowered.

Congratulations!!! What springs are you running? How much of a drop does it say for the springs? If your just running H&R's with different pads, then you will not rub. Although, I would not know, my car is not lowered, I like the stock heigth and 15" rims....:D

marksbenz
10-07-2003, 06:05 PM
Im going to be running Eibach springs. I cant wait. When i get extra money i'll probably get some 18's. So #2 pads all around is fine. Thanks again people... I'll post some pic later.

Mark:)

C280 JR
10-08-2003, 08:16 AM
if i was you, id get #1 all around,

i have 18s with HR springs which lower the car even more, and #1 pads rear and #2 in front with no rubbing, i just want to change the front to #1 also, trust me get 1s all around

Elvir

kameraguy
10-08-2003, 08:20 AM
I've run 235's up front on 19x8.5" rims at one point with hardly any rubbing...and that was with #1 pads all around, so I doubt you'll have problems.

That's assuming the offset is correct too. If anything, the offset can make or break how the wheels will fit.

Do you know what they are?

36SlaMMed
10-08-2003, 01:40 PM
Which springs do people here prefer Eibach or HR. Is there a reason for choosing one over the other?

And also, i noticed some people have changed their shocks from the original AMG ones, why would you replace AMG parts their suppose to be premier performance parts.

kameraguy
10-08-2003, 02:50 PM
General consensus is that H&Rs are stiffer but harsh, and Eibachs are are less stiff but more ride oriented. Not to say the Eibachs aren't good. I rode in Luwin's car with Eibachs and was very impressed with how it handled and how much more comfy they were over all.

As for shocks, the AMG shocks are definitely good....bilsteins with reported AMG valving for the AMG springs.

But for those who are really striving for a balanced ride,using the OEM shocks with non-OEM springs may have a less than ideal ride. Due to the mismatch in spring rate and shock valving. Rebound and compression is not a perfect match to the shocks.

So it does get you by, and maybe is not a problem for most. but for those who really want new suspension to improve car handling, they willmost likely want a matched set of shocks, or at least adjustible shocks to tailor the ride to their desires.

The H&r cup kit is good because it is a matched set for example.

marksbenz
10-08-2003, 05:42 PM
What are good offset for W202? I was checking my stock spring pad i have #4 front and #1 rear. Is this normal?

C280 JR
10-08-2003, 05:54 PM
i guess, not all benzes come with same pads, my car had stock #3 in front and #2 in rear

and for a 202, a good offset is a 35

Elvir

marksbenz
10-08-2003, 06:02 PM
So my offset is cool then. Its 35mm. I dont really want to slam the car, because my driveway is kinda high and i drive my car in Frisco street everyday. And Frisco streets are not friendly to drop cars. Can i put the rear spring pads and put it infront?

J Irwan
10-09-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by marksbenz
So my offset is cool then. Its 35mm. I dont really want to slam the car, because my driveway is kinda high and i drive my car in Frisco street everyday. And Frisco streets are not friendly to drop cars. Can i put the rear spring pads and put it infront?

Nope they're different in diameter (so does the spring)

Regardz,