PDA

View Full Version : Auto Rice?

98_Benzo
10-07-2003, 08:55 PM
Has anyone heard of Autorice.com? They have a replica C36 Front bumper for sale on Ebay and I was wondering if it's even worth a shot at bidding? They have like 104 negative feedbacks, so that kind of worries me. Here is the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36475&item=2436540243

Scotty-C190E
10-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Ohh man...here we go....let's just make things short by letting me recommend you do this:
Search the forum for Autorice!

98_Benzo
10-07-2003, 09:59 PM
Yeah, nevermind....he just emailed me back and let me know that the bumper won't fit my car:

It won't fit, this is only for 94-97 models

I didn't know the bumpers changed in 98...:confused:

nokia8860
10-08-2003, 07:15 AM
The guide rails, which can be replaced, are different when they did the model update. Also the model update bumpers stick out more than pre model updates.

While its not a direct bolt on it will fit with some work if you are really interested in getting a c36 kit for your car.

MBenzNL
10-08-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by nokia8860
The guide rails, which can be replaced, are different when they did the model update.
I think the keyword here is REPLICA...whatever can be done to fit stock bumpers won't work with replica stuff.

greetingz,

J Irwan
10-08-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by MBenzNL
I think the keyword here is REPLICA......

greetingz,

LOL

:D:D:D:D

jnolte
10-08-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by MBenzNL
I think the keyword here is REPLICA...whatever can be done to fit stock bumpers won't work with replica stuff.

greetingz,

yeah....?????? right....:confused: :o :rolleyes: :mad: :eek:

202rules
11-01-2003, 05:06 PM
Hey guys, I just got a C36 body kit from autorice, my car is a 1995 C280. I don't think I will ever deal with this guy again, you just can't trust him. This is how the story goes:

I bet on the kit on ebay, and when I asked how much shipping would cost he said $200 :confused:. Anyway, so I paid him the $200, the total was still in my budget, almost a month goes by and I still haven't got it, sometimes he doesn't reply to my emails and sometimes he just replies saying "it should have been shipped a long time ago!". Anyway, so finally I get the kit, but the shipping people tell me the cost was $83 :mad:, so I post on his website a thread asking about that, and his wife (i think) replies saying that he had to drive it down to washington to ship it, and that otherwise I would have paid for shipping from Canada with duty and taxes. I look at the shipping receipt and it says shipped from california, I call the people who shipped it and listen to this, it was a guy who bought the kit from Autorice and tried it and didn't want it because it didn't fit on his car (Also 95 C280), and Autorice told him to ship it to me. Can you believe that?????

I'm gonna try to install the kit, and if it doesn't fit I'm just gonna return it to him. Do you guys know of anyone who got this kit before from autorice and got it to fit on a 95 model? He said it was made by a place called "DS Motorshop" somewhere in Asia.

Denlasoul
11-01-2003, 05:18 PM
Thats messed up. I have no personal experience with him, but I have heard some bad stories. Either way, it seems that his reputation on the forums isnt really that great.

Good luck, and hope things work out.

autoblz
11-01-2003, 07:11 PM
Well autorice is reputable person
but how he handle them is not that good
thats why i m not selling my stocks in tacoma to him
Also guys if you are intending to buy and international charges will be there like custom charges and handling charge thats why before any customer buy any stuff from me . i always told them there will be more charges when the bodykit arrive down there.

Before you even want to buy anything through ebay you need to fully clarify with them

autoblz
11-01-2003, 07:13 PM
You should have bought bodykit through me
ROfl:)
Reputable Autoblz
Joking: )
Anyway good luck
i think for Fiber gLass material if you install them on bodyshop
there will be no problem
You can modify it like that :)

jnolte
11-01-2003, 11:19 PM
once again auto rice can suck my D*ck that stoopid son of a bitch!!

MBenzNL
11-02-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by 202rules
it was a guy who bought the kit from Autorice and tried it and didn't want it because it didn't fit on his car (Also 95 C280), and Autorice told him to ship it to me.
hahaha, must have been KUS...nice story - reminds me of the W203 airbag that i once shipped to autorice - held up by customs - took to long - refunded money - airbag received anyways - haven't received the airbag back yet (and don't think I ever will get it back)...

greetingz,

pnsji
11-02-2003, 12:19 PM
auto what?
RICE ???
dude... from the name... I won't even bother :cool:

CKlasse
11-02-2003, 09:40 PM
202rules,

Where in Colorado are you? :)

Eurosport
11-03-2003, 02:20 AM
Benzo,
get this type of bumper
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2440543422&category=6334

i think that's one of the best looking for 202

CKlasse
11-03-2003, 06:55 AM
That's Lorinser

202rules
11-03-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by CKlasse
202rules,

Where in Colorado are you? :)

lol, you asked me that before CKlasse, I'm in Boulder.

Do you guys know how much it should cost to fit the kit on at a body shop? I'm gonna start asking around today.

CKlasse
11-03-2003, 04:48 PM
My advice for you would be to return the body kits to Autorice. Autorice doesn't do business within club202 and bnzsport.com for reasonS!

What if your bodyshop cannot put it on perfectly after some modification? Will autorice still refund?

202rules
11-03-2003, 06:56 PM
I know CKlasse, that's what I was thinking today, but I was hoping body shops could be able to tell me if they can fit it before they start mucking around with it.