PDA

View Full Version : problems with speakers?

C280 JR
10-08-2003, 05:56 PM
when i put on bass, i get rattling noises as if the speaker is bad, but when i adjust the settings and turn the rear speakers off or on minimal, and only have the front ones work, i still hear rattling...does this mean that my speakers are bad or is it just the plastic around them that is vibrating

Elvir

jnolte
10-08-2003, 08:53 PM
MIne do the same. Its just the shitty plastic covers. My front door ones rattle but not the rear. I am just gunna put padding where it rattles

davis449
10-10-2003, 10:38 AM
Ok, I have the same issue with the rear ones in my car. Here's what I did to solve my rear speaker vibration problem. Put on a song that has good bass, something hip hop probably, I found that 50 Cent's "Many Men" works well for rooting out this problem. Go get in the trunk while it's playing and find where the vibration is coming from. Try putting pressure on that big metal plate in different places to see where the problem is. When you find it put some foam or wadded up paper towels (that's what I used) between the plate and the shelf where the vibration is coming from and that should shut it down. Kind of a ghetto way to do it, but no one scrutinizes my trunk, anyway, so I don't care.

pnsji
10-10-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by davis449
Ok, I have the same issue with the rear ones in my car. Here's what I did to solve my rear speaker vibration problem. Put on a song that has good bass, something hip hop probably, I found that 50 Cent's "Many Men" works well for rooting out this problem. Go get in the trunk while it's playing and find where the vibration is coming from. Try putting pressure on that big metal plate in different places to see where the problem is. When you find it put some foam or wadded up paper towels (that's what I used) between the plate and the shelf where the vibration is coming from and that should shut it down. Kind of a ghetto way to do it, but no one scrutinizes my trunk, anyway, so I don't care.

That is actually a very good idea.
If you want to go even further, buy a sound dampening material like dynamat and dynamat the rear deck:
http://www.scotty-c.com/philsinstall/reardeck.jpg