View Full Version : need help with my brakes

droppedbenz
03-01-2011, 08:03 AM
hey guys i hope one of you guys can help me out!! on one of my w202 94 c280 i having major issues with my braking system... i got the ABS light on my dash ... my brakes seem to get air in the line.. brake pedal goes all the way down!! i already changed all pads, replaced the master cylinder, bled the system, and nothing brake pedal still goes all the way down.. maybe im not bleeding it right but can anybody tell me the method of bleeding the whole system? and why am i getting the ABS light???

pnsji
03-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Can you check brake fluid reservoir? Is it full?
Check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwQ-fv12HIo

eundaddy
03-01-2011, 01:30 PM
the order in which you need to bleed the system is RR, RL, FR, and FL. you don't need two people to do it but it saves a lot of time. follow the instructions in that video and make sure you always keep plenty brake fluid in the reservoir when you bleed it. if you have any issues post back.

droppedbenz
03-01-2011, 07:08 PM
the order in which you need to bleed the system is RR, RL, FR, and FL. you don't need two people to do it but it saves a lot of time. follow the instructions in that video and make sure you always keep plenty brake fluid in the reservoir when you bleed it. if you have any issues post back.
Ok ima try that thanx for ur help

fountainpenracing
03-31-2011, 11:00 AM
Did you replace the brake hoses? The flexible lines that attach to the calipers. These can deteriorate on the 'inside' causing problems with fluid transfer. I had a similar issue on my 1994 C280; I replaced the calipers, rotors, pads, master cylinder and still had a soft pedal. So I replaced the hoses and it now works like new. Just note that you'll need to spray some wd40 or similar to loosen the rust around the nuts on the brake lines connecting to the brake hoses.