PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer Not Recognized

ricerokets4life
10-09-2003, 10:36 AM
i added an Alpine CHM-S630 cd changer to my 98 c280 with the factory pre-outs. i got the older style blue adaptor from PIE that is simply a cable with a female end for the Alpine M-Bus and a male end for the mercedes oem interface pre-out. the cd changer is powered because it can eject the cartridge and change cds on its own but when i press the CD button on the stock headunit, nothing happens. does anyone know what might be the problem? do i have to disconnect the negative terminal to the battery and reset everything? do i need new parts??

nokia8860
10-09-2003, 11:36 AM
It sounds like you have the constant wire connected allowing you to eject the battery. How about the wire that is for switched on and remote on. They may not be connected and that may be the reason why the deck thinks there is no cd attached.

ricerokets4life
10-09-2003, 01:05 PM
ok so i take apart the adaptor and see if all the cables are being connected?

would an aftermarket cell phone integration affect this?

crazy00c230k
10-09-2003, 09:34 PM
that happened to me just a couple months ago with my stock cd changer....i took it in to the dealership and there was something wrong with my head unit(stock).....so i got a new one and its been working fine since den....