PDA

View Full Version : Idiot Light is on for the external light sensor

strictlyspeakin
04-17-2011, 04:08 PM
I've got an indicator on that tells me I have a light bulb out somewhere. I can't find it anywhere. Brake, Reverse, 3rd Brake, Blinkers, Headlights, License Plate, Running Lights, even Fogs. I'm at a loss. Any insights for me?

Also I've forgotten, on the blinker stalk, if you pull the stalk back toward you, isn't that supposed to flash the high beams? It doesn't do anything on mine, but I think that is wrong. Possible that it is part of the idiot light problem?

202brabus
04-17-2011, 04:53 PM
I've got an indicator on that tells me I have a light bulb out somewhere. I can't find it anywhere. Brake, Reverse, 3rd Brake, Blinkers, Headlights, License Plate, Running Lights, even Fogs. I'm at a loss. Any insights for me?

Also I've forgotten, on the blinker stalk, if you pull the stalk back toward you, isn't that supposed to flash the high beams? It doesn't do anything on mine, but I think that is wrong. Possible that it is part of the idiot light problem?

Sounds like you have a corrosion problem, you probably have extra resistance on one of the bulbs. Clean all the bulb contacts and bulb connectors. Electrical cleaner spray works good for this or you can be cheap and use some sandpaper to clean the contacts. As for your hightbeams. Check your ground and also check your fuses, High beams run through a fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. Turn the high beams on and check for power with a DVOM.

strictlyspeakin
04-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Ok, I'll be running around the car with the contact cleaner then.

Maybe it's time for new headlights anyway. My wife was in the car and actually asked if my headlights were even on.

The high beams work if I push the stalk forward to turn them on. It's just the pull back "flash" function that I was wondering about. Figment of my imagination or is it really supposed work?

wrenchturner1980
04-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Did you put LEDs in anywhere?

JRE320
04-18-2011, 03:24 PM
I got the same problem. My flusher don't work.

strictlyspeakin
04-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Tail lights and 3rd brake light. But I compensated by adding a resistor to the circuit.