PDA

View Full Version : Lifting points/ Jack Points for our W202's

97C28O
04-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi guys, I've never knew where the proper lifting points/ jack points on our cars are.. If anyone has some tips, that would be great.

benzfan
04-28-2011, 06:44 AM
There are removable plastic plugs along the sides of the rocker panels on each side of the car. One is just in front of the rear wheel, the other just behind the front. Remove these with a flat screwdriver to expose a tube. This is what the factory jack plugs into. If you are using another type of jack, the same reinforced point of the car is used along the sides (right beneath the plugs). These are the proper points, but in a pinch you can find strong points on the suspension. Just don't stick a trolley jack under the rear diff. - I've seen casings broken.

strictlyspeakin
04-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Oh, I'd really not use the plastic plug holes unless you've no other choice. Experience talking from having them rust out in my 190.
Yes, that is where the factory jack goes, but still. Unless I'm stuck on the side of the road, there's no way I'd use them again.

I don't have pics to share, but the lift point for the fronts are easy to spot. The rear was not as obvious. I'll try to remember to poke my head under tomorrow evening.

97C28O
04-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Yea I wont be using the OEM jack point with caps. I have a jack and I want to lift it on all fours to do a brake bleed and double check my brake pads cause i hear some squeeling (Yes, the pads have plenty of life, less than 5,000 miles)

ll1l2l1l2lll
05-02-2011, 01:18 AM
how about this.. where do you guys jack up your cars in order to put it on jack stands? theres no spot under the trunk like other cars have. on other cars, i normally jack up the car from a spot under the engine then throw on two stands on the front then do the same in the rear. our 202 seems so difficult to get it jacked up on stands.

97C28O
05-05-2011, 09:51 AM
for the w202 i found a spot in the middle in the front. it looks like a subframe or frame. the only thing i dont know where to put the jack stands cause our rocker sides dont have anything to place them under. the rears i have to take a look again and see where there is a strong point.

DRBC43AMG
05-10-2011, 03:37 AM
for the w202 i found a spot in the middle in the front. it looks like a subframe or frame. the only thing i dont know where to put the jack stands cause our rocker sides dont have anything to place them under. the rears i have to take a look again and see where there is a strong point.

For the front, I use the same cross member between engine and gear box. Place my jack stands on the rubber bungs just behind the front wheels. I lift the back on the rear diff (never had a problem...) but I always use a block of wood between jack and the car. Jack stands on the rubber bungs in front of the rear wheels and away you go!

97C28O
05-10-2011, 06:34 PM
sounds good. I'll be doing the brake bleed and reapply some anti-squeal on the front pads.

DRBC43AMG
05-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Just remember, always play safe and support your vehicle on solid stands if working with a wheel removed or underside. You don't want to have the car coming down on your head (or worse....) if the jack fails. If you bleed brakes, start from the wheel furthest from the brake reservoir (rear right, rear left, front right, front left). Remove some fluid from the reservoir with a syringe or something like that before filling with new liquid. That gets it flowing in the pipes quicker and you use less of the stuff.