PDA

View Full Version : Headlights Removal

shizzy
05-13-2011, 09:43 PM
So I basically removed everything following the DIY I found on http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/56683-how-removing-headlights-w202.html

So I had gotten to the point where the plastic trim. That was impossible to remove.
I couldnt figure out where the clips were.

For now the factory head lights are back on.

Let me know if anyone else had been through this same problem with the plastic trim on the left and right side of the car, as the rightside looks ever harder to remove with all the hoses coming from the radiator.

strictlyspeakin
05-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Which pic did you get stuck on? The guide seemed pretty decent.

horgantrevor
05-15-2011, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=shizzy;160784]So I basically removed everything following the DIY I found on http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/56683-how-removing-headlights-w202.html

So I had gotten to the point where the plastic trim. That was impossible to remove.
I couldnt figure out where the clips were.

hi to remove the plastic trim from under light you need to pop out indicator
then remove the ac fan cover between headlights two plastic clips
then pick a side were you removed the indicator to the right were the wing is remove two screws

then go back to headlight and on the left side down low you will see a screw remove and then pull trim off

i hope this helps

shizzy
05-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Actually I figured it out yesterday. And beleive me it was a B I T C H !! on the plastic trim there are three clips, the only way to remove these are by prying them out. Thats basically what took the longest time. I will post some pics of the results soon.

horgantrevor
05-16-2011, 01:33 PM
i would like to see the finished result

shizzy
05-16-2011, 11:40 PM
just washed the car so ill take some pics tomorrow

202brabus
05-18-2011, 07:03 AM
What year 202?

shizzy
05-19-2011, 11:28 AM
its a 97 i just installed the taillights too last nite drunk as hell after the strip club round 4 am LOL. It was a long day but I couldnt wait even though they arrived from germany that morning

wichipong
05-19-2011, 08:57 PM
what headlight did you get? pics?

shizzy
05-19-2011, 10:52 PM
I got black housing heres a link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-00-MERCEDES-BENZ-W202-BLACK-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHT-LAMP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53e64310f9QQitemZ36034 5440505QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

shizzy
05-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Ill have the pics up soon i got the stock bosch corners in right now so yeah, i ordered the crystal clears off ecrater then they sent me an email 5 days later sayings it out of stock. So i checked ebay and its 150 for the corners i was like buy it now on the smoked corners for 35, so ill take some pics as soon as those come in.

shizzy
05-25-2011, 08:34 PM
SOOO already I have an issue with the piece of $#!T aftermarket lights. I was installing my smoked corners today and wanted to see the lights as a final product. So i cleaned them up and noticed there was some smudges on the INSIDE of the light. I was like wTf how is that possible. Now ive sent a messege to the ebay seller. My question is if I keep em how easy is to take apart the glass from the plastic and reasemble the headlamps. And should I seal them with silicon as there was already signs of precipitation.

shizzy
05-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Believe it or not I put a toothbrush through the hole for the light and used a papertowel with windex to clean em out now there is lint everywhere!! So I went to walmart and got a microfiber cloth will probably clean the rest up tomorow. But I emailed the eBay seller he said he will replace or give me my money back if I send pictures... only problem is there already installed oh well I will try what ever happens is fine. Now im wondering were the stock one really that bad?? :/

seikencube
07-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Hey shizzy, I just ordered the same headlight housing as you on ebay as well. I recieve them hopefully tomorrow. Anyways i was just wondering if you installed them or not? If you did is it possible if i can fit my HID KIT lighting system in it? because i don't want to use stock 4300 sylvania bulbs.

shizzy
08-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Hey, I did install them but man IT IS A BITXH like ive said earlier. Honestly I dont know the answer to your question which is one I have been wondering myself. I think its possible but I need more information before I try any more tricks.

shizzy
07-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Hey shizzy, I just ordered the same headlight housing as you on ebay as well. I recieve them hopefully tomorrow. Anyways i was just wondering if you installed them or not? If you did is it possible if i can fit my HID KIT lighting system in it? because i don't want to use stock 4300 sylvania bulbs.

Update: I have installed HIDs in those lights I need to post some pics up soon. I have yellow on the main and blues on the fogs.

wichipong
07-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Update: I have installed HIDs in those lights I need to post some pics up soon. I have yellow on the main and blues on the fogs.

pics please. :D

shizzy
07-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Ill take some pictures tonight and put em up