PDA

View Full Version : Power Bleeder Question..

J Irwan
10-09-2003, 05:16 PM
There some different brands power bleeeder out there...(for bleeding the brake)

I am wondering if anyone in this forum have used it before..?
How was the experience...?
Would you recommend it to other people..?

I have been bleeding the brake with manual mode (2 man job :D:D )
But I am just tired of the need of 2 mans for doing the tasks..
that's why I am thinking about this power bleeder thinggy..:D:D

Any feed back would be great

Regardz,

nokia8860
10-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Here ya go. Brabus has one as well and uses it (http://www.motiveproducts.com)

J Irwan
10-09-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by nokia8860
Here ya go. Brabus has one as well and uses it (http://www.motiveproducts.com)

Is it pretty easy....to use..?? :)

Regardz,

nokia8860
10-09-2003, 05:44 PM
yep

CKlasse
10-09-2003, 05:52 PM
J,

You can buy hand pump bleeder for less than $20 at any part store. It looks like watergun, only its a suction gun with little cup between the hose and the pump. One man operation!

Some of the nicer pump is around $50-$100. A power bleeder would be higher.

CKlasse
10-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Yep..motive product is pretty popular too.! :D :D

marksbenz
10-09-2003, 07:01 PM
The two man system is still the best.

Scotty-C190E
10-09-2003, 09:07 PM
Seems like a lot of money for just a once in a blue moon job. :confused:

nokia8860
10-10-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Scotty-C190E
Seems like a lot of money for just a once in a blue moon job. :confused:

You should change your brake fluid at the very least twice a year. Its a part of regular car service. Dont rely on the fluid to change colour to tell you its time for a change. Also that changing of colour doesnt work for the folks using blue anyways :p

CKlasse
10-10-2003, 11:10 PM
Once every two year is the recommended interval. Same as ignition wire, spark plug..etc :)

manny
10-14-2003, 05:06 PM
This is the easiest:
www.speedbleeder.com.

CKlasse
10-14-2003, 05:45 PM
interesting product... but for $7x4.. I would need to see how pratical it is in person.

manny
10-14-2003, 05:50 PM
Well, $ 28.00 bucks would probably just pay a dealer for one flush.
They work pretty good.
Open bleeder, pump brakes slowly, close bleeder.

J Irwan
10-14-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by manny
Well, $ 28.00 bucks would probably just pay a dealer for one flush.
They work pretty good.
Open bleeder, pump brakes slowly, close bleeder.

Although I never used this product before (been thinking about it though)...

I thought the purpose of having one way valving, so that you don't need another person to open/close the bleeder..

once you unscrew it (to loosen it up) you just pump in from inside the car, and this valves should pump out the fluid/air in the line..

Am I wrong.. ??:confused:

Regardz,

speedybenz
10-15-2003, 09:43 AM
J Irwin,

From installing my brakes last month I found out that the master cylinder is high enough to create a positive pressure to the brake bleeder valves.

So you can could just take some paper towels and absorb the old fluid in the mater cylinder and refill with fresh and then open the caliper bleeder valve and let the fluid flow out on its own into a can. Just make sure to keep your master cylinder full.

That will bleed out the old fluid and get new fluid into the lines with minimal trouble.

One way we used to bleed a brake system that was very hard to remove air was to Back Bleed the system. We would use a new oil can/pump and attach it to the bleeder valves and then pump the fluid backwards through the system. Sometimes it was the only way to get rid of all those pesky air pockets.

Anyhow bleeding brakes is a pain in the ass, with a PITA rating of 10.

Jeff

nokia8860
10-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Jeff,

Is thats what they call gravity bleed? I think I tried this once on my dads 78 clubwagon.... he really got pissed cuz I ended up putting more air in than it originally had.

hahaha oh wells. :p

speedybenz
10-15-2003, 10:06 AM
Joey,

Yes I guess so. What I forgot to mention is that you want the bleeder tube to attach to the bleeder valve then go upwards some 6" or so.

That way you keep the fluid gravity head going to the caliper and keep a small ht. of fluid on the bleed side to keep air from rentering the caliper.

If you keep fluid on both sides you rarely ever have a problem with air in the lines. Plus with fluid on the bleed side you can see the air bubbles come out.

If you do this it helps to take a soft rubber hammer and lightly strike the caliper, ABS block, line connections, etc. to loosen up any air and get it moving to the bleed valve.

Jeff

nokia8860
10-15-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by speedybenz
Joey,

Yes I guess so. What I forgot to mention is that you want the bleeder tube to attach to the bleeder valve then go upwards some 6" or so.

HAHAHAHA so thats what i forgot. no wonder my dad got hella mad. basically i just open the bleeder screw and let the fluid run out. hahahah ok im a dork.

11-02-2004, 02:54 AM
Sorry for this old post, but it's better avoiding new thread.

Please is it correct that bleading procedure should also include ABS bleading by dedicated tool at Dealership? Other possibility is to bleed, than operate ABS few times (in a test ride of course), and than bleed again.

Further is it possible to utilize DOT 5 brake fluide into factory brake system?

Plese help me:)

PS: this tread is in a wrong section

allirroz
11-02-2004, 03:58 AM
J Irwan, Here is a extractOR/bleeder you might interested in . Extracts all types of fluids. Product is pretty good. First saw it used at performance shop, and went out to buy one, Ive use it and I highly recommend it. No need of a air compressor .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2496961936&category=26451&sspagename=WDVW

p.s. if link does not work go search and type in " TEMPO FLUID EXTRACTOR"

11-04-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by 1998K
Sorry for this old post, but it's better avoiding new thread.

Please is it correct that bleading procedure should also include ABS bleading by dedicated tool at Dealership? Other possibility is to bleed, than operate ABS few times (in a test ride of course), and than bleed again.

Further is it possible to utilize DOT 5 brake fluide into factory brake system?

Plese help me:)

PS: this tread is in a wrong section

PLEASE I REALLY NEED THIS INFO.

THANKS A LOT