PDA

View Full Version : Keyless System

harryt
06-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Hi there.

So I had talked a member a year or so ago. Still have the PM's about installing a keyless entry system.

He told me he did it from the trunk of the car and tapped off the trunk pump. He bought those Omega systems, which only requires pos 12V, ground, and lock and unlock wires. Total of 4.

His profile is here: http://www.club202.com/forums/member.php?6278-junklar

maybe the mods or admins could email him for me about this thread. I can't email him since it doesn't allow members to email, but this guy could save me right now. Especially since i have opened all the carpet paneling and what not now.

This is what he has told me in the old PM's from a year or so ago.

Once you have the wiring diagram, it's no big deal if you have connected two wires before.

I installed the basic lock/unlock keyless entry by tapping into the line that is in the trunk.. It is on the right side behind the trunk carpet. It is inside the foam-like black box.

You only need to connect two wires and you're set. The brown wire is the ground and I think it was either the black wire or the blue wire that was 12V. In any case you can test this with a tester. From what I remember, they are both the thickest wires. It cost me around $30 with shipping for keyless entry.

If you want the lights to flash and your horn to sound to alert you that you locked the doors, then you would need to tap into the wires underneath the steering wheel as sensoryx has said. It requires some extra wires to be connected, but the concept is the same..

The wiring diagram will be for wires underneath the steering wheel.. If you are going to solder the wires to the trunk area, you probably won't need the diagram.. All you need is the ground and 12V wire, and I believe the ground is brown and the 12V is black.. I remember both of them being the thickest though

Right, I forgot about the lock & unlock.
The wiring diagram he sends you would have the color.. I think the color matched the colors of the wires in the trunk as well.

In any case, this is how I determined the lock and unlock cables. With a light tester, I had the alligator clip connected to the ground and the light tester itself touch one of those wires (lock or unlock), it would either lock or unlock it.. So this is a way to check that you did it correctly

I just taped it in the inside of the trunk, under the carpet.

Works fine, and the remotes are still working even though I dropped them numerous times.. Only thing I think could have been better is the range..

Good luck.. let me know how it turns out.

After that this site went down for a bit and I never heard from him again. But I had the Omega system sitting around and finally re-insured my car. So I decided to see for myself.

I went through the right carpet area and did find a box. I don't know if THAT is where I tap off from. I see TONS of wires as you can see in the pictures below.

I hope someone can help me out here. Or someone can contact junklar for me.

Here are the pics I took and posted: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53277968@N04/

Thanks.

hvmercy
06-10-2011, 06:11 PM
email doesn't work in this forum.

harryt
06-10-2011, 11:59 PM
email doesn't work in this forum.

I think it worked in the past if the member allowed other members to email them. There is an option for that, but I think by default it is off for everyone.

strictlyspeakin
06-13-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm pretty sure that is what he was talking about. Looks like the PSE (Pneumatic system equipment) control module.
Brown is certainly the ground. I'm not sure of the year/model you have.
Also you might want to list what the pair colors are on which pins for comparison.

harryt
06-19-2011, 03:13 PM
^ ya your right it is called the PSE. I found a wiring diagram for it from a person at benzworld. I then talked to a few other guys there and found the correct wires.

I basically got the 12V+ from the battery, GRND from the chassis and then had to ONLY splice 2 wires LOCK/UNLOCK and the system works fine.

I only wish I could've some how hooked up the external lights. I ended up burning a fuse so i replaced it and decided to leave it.

it works for my needs of not needing to place a key to open!

strictlyspeakin
06-20-2011, 11:31 AM
You'll have to pick up the blinker leads from the front of the car at the light switch I believe. Glad they could help, post back up of you need more assistance.

harryt
07-31-2011, 01:05 AM
You'll have to pick up the blinker leads from the front of the car at the light switch I believe. Glad they could help, post back up of you need more assistance.

Thanks.. a lot of work to do that. so I've decided to leave it. The vaccum system is loud enough for me to hear it lock/unlock and I have a LED light near the rear window to let me know if the system has locked or unlocked.